Pixel Tactics» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reserve units? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Garcia
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Can these be placed down as an action from any wave, or is a separate wave dedicated for just placing any reserve units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
What?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Garcia
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
You know, the reserve units behind the ranged units. You use them for their operation skills or what have you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not quite sure I understand you correctly.

In PT 4/5 Operations and Traps were introduced to Pixel Tactics. Cards with these features, if used for them, are placed in three so-called "Reserve Slots" behind the 3 slots of the Rear Wave (p. 6 of the Deluxe rulebook).

If I get your question right, you're asking about WHEN to play Operations and Traps rather than WHERE? The answer to that would be: whenever you can play an Order.

---

Now here's something to consider: The words "Vanguard Wave", "Flank Wave" and "Rear Wave" stand for two different things in Pixel Tactics.

1) The physical location of 3 slots arranged horizontally. The 3 slots closest to your opponent are called "Vanguard Wave", the slots including your leader are called the "Flank Wave", the slots next to you are called the "Rear Wave" (compare picture in Deluxe rules p. 4). These are also called Vanguard/Flank/Rear "row".

2) A part of a round. Each round is split into three "Waves". First, both players play the "Vanguard Wave", then the "Flank Wave" and last the "Rear Wave" before switching First Player/Second Player markers. In each (temporal) Wave, you can usually only affect the Heroes of that row.

Orders are independent of both kinds of Waves. You can play them in any (temporal) Wave. The same is true of Operations and Traps. You can play them in any (temporal) Wave, and even though they need to be assigned a physical location, that location is not part of the standard setup of three rows, but rather just three "Reserve Slots" that are NOT a "wave".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Garcia
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
That answers my question! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
DomHiob wrote:

In PT 4/5 Operations and Traps were introduced to Pixel Tactics.

Not really true. Operations were introduced in PT2, they were called Ongoing Orders in the old sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Hiob
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
DomHiob wrote:

In PT 4/5 Operations and Traps were introduced to Pixel Tactics.

Not really true. Operations were introduced in PT2, they were called Ongoing Orders in the old sets.

You're right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.