Kevin B. Smith
United States
Morro Bay
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gilford wrote:
Also, use 1 card of same color of your town and you can move "anywhere"... isn't this too strong?

I believe that only works if you are at a bus station, of which there is one per color. So typically you would have to take a couple steps to get to the bus station, and then discard a card of that color to travel anywhere on the board, or discard a card of the destination color to move to any point in that area.

I haven't played the game, so I can't say whether it's too strong or not. Just that it's not quite as strong as your description sounded.

As for replayability (variability), I suspect they're counting on the old ones (and sanity) to shake things up in ways that Pandemic didn't have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mair
Canada
St. Hubert
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played it once but I see quite a bit of replayability. As Kevin mentioned, the Old Ones and the randomness introduced by the sanity die makes for an unpredictable game.

I don't think this will completely replace Pandemic, with all the expansions, but it does make for a really good twist on a familiar theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homo Ludens
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless they plan on releasing expansion(s) I don't think Pandemic Cthulhu has the variety of base Pandemic + expansion(s). In fact I would go so far as to say that the base Pandemic has more variety than the Cthulhu version.

Pandemic Cthulhu is very 'lite' version of Pandemic and I have a feeling a lot of Pandemic players will tire of it quickly. It is a nice to have version for an occasional change of scenery but in no way a replacement for the original game. YMMV as always.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
None of your business

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
Its an excellent game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If at any time you believe this game to be too easy just get out Arkham Horror and play that for six hours, lol. Pandemic Cthulhu will seem much better then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.