$5.00
$30.00
$20.00
$15.00
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. While I've decided not to mod any more games this year I still have a set that I'd like to see in play. It's not hidden roles or rules or anything, so this is me putting the idea out there to see if anyone else find it interesting enough to run. It's a big one though. I still plan to write the story if anyone else takes on the responsibility of pushing all the buttons and manage the thing. The story will focus on the legend of the Aswang, a creature of great renown in the Philippines.

I'm interested in any thoughts on game balance, as this is a difficult one to judge.

This is based off a set run by Belash and miraria here.

3 teams, 21 players.
Role reveal on death.

Evil team 1:

5 Weeping Angels.
1 Mimic (The Aswang)

VC: achieve parity with Good players.

Angels share a chat. The Mimic and Angels are not aware of each other at game start.

Each Angel receives an Action Point (AP) at dusk unless two players who are not Angels are voting for it at that time. For each AP the Angels may move closer to their targets. They must first Stalk, then Approach and then Touch a player to have them killed (or rather displaced in time). The Angels may move two steps closer to a target in a single night (can't go from nothing to Touch). A tough player will resist being touched but still be approached. A player will not be notified if their tough was lost or not. Any player that ends the night being Approached will be notified of this (Don't blink!)

The Angels may choose two players to Stalk during Day 1.

The Mimic. May view one player each night, receives role. May choose to reveal as any viewed role to the thread and to views. The Mimic always has the choice of Villager. A Silenced Villager views as Silence. If an Angel is viewed the Mimic starts contributing 1 Action Point to the Angels the following night, as long as the Mimic has 0 votes on it in the final tally. Has optional Tough. Does not count for parity. Does not share a chat. If the Angels Touch the Mimic they become aware of it's identity, but it loses it's tough and is informed of this. If all Angels are dead and the game has not ended (both Silence still alive and at least 1 Doctor) the Mimic may win together with the Silence.

Evil team 2:

2 Silence.

VC: eliminate the Doctor (two players) and reach parity with the Weeping Angels.

Share a chat. Get one view every night, receives role. Gets a random Villager n0. If a Villager is viewed, that player will reveal as Silence to the thread and to views. A viewed Villager's vote counts as 0 whenever they vote for the true Silence, for the rest of the game. Each Silence is Tough to 1 NK (not to lynch). If the number of Silence+Silenced alive exceeds the number of Good players alive (exempting the Silenced) then the Silence gains a NK. If all Angels are dead the Silence gains a NK. They will never have more than 1 NK.

Good team:

1 The Doctor: role seer. All views are also reported to the Companion. Knows the identity of the Companion.

1 Companion. Receives views from the Doctor. Knows the identity of the Doctor.

1 Back up Doctor. Has one Tough until promotion to Doctor, promotes when the first Doctor dies.

1 Priest - gets true reveals (villager for false silence, and sees the mimic when it dies).

1 watcher - the vote of the watcher on an angel is enough for that angel to lose its action point.

8 villagers. One of these will be unaware Tough.

VC: eliminate all Weeping Angels and at least 1 Silence.

That's all folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Angels take Manila or Manila will Fall. A Doctor Who themed game without hidden roles. Rules and discussion. Possibly looking for mod (2 interests so far).
That's really cool, I'd run that in later Sept/early October if no on else who wants to can do so sooner. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin Prime
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Angels take Manila or Manila will Fall. A Doctor Who themed game without hidden roles. Rules and discussion. Possibly looking for mod (2 interests so far).
I remember that game well. I went a little crazy in it.

I'm still down for moderating! With TFang, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
I can do it if TFang and nolemonplease would like to play.

No worries if not. Shrug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks interesting indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
linguistfromhell wrote:

I'd enjoy playing, too. The evil teams are split, but the good team is united.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicklas Roman
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:

I'd enjoy playing, too. The evil teams are split, but the good team is united.

Right now the Silence can win together with the Angels, if the Doctor is killed last. Is this an issue I wonder? Should the Silence have a tie breaking VC perhaps? I think that would make the Angels far more likely to complete a kill of anyone Tough.

It requires a last 7 of 2 Angels / 2 Silence / 3 Good including the Doctor - so maybe it's not much of a concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
badge
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
badge
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, what happens if a Weeping Angel and Silence are looking at each other and then you turn off the lights?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peppermint Patty
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I WANNA PLAY! I WANNA PLAY! I need more Dr Who tees to wear while in play... I don't think 4 are enough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
*yawn*
badge
*sleep*
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.