$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies in advance if this doesn't belong in this game's forums or has already been answered.

I own first edition Pandemic and On The Brink. I didn't buy In The Lab or State of Emergency because apparently the card backs don't match, making it impossible to shuffle the expansion cards into the 1st-ed infection and player decks without either sleeving everything or buying the upgrade packs.

However I now own Legacy. It is correct that this uses the same art style, including card backs, for the infection and player decks as the most recent editions as regular Pandemic and its expansions? Could I grab these decks out of my Legacy game and combine them with In The Lab or State of Emergency? Specifically, are the card designs, weights, and sizes similar?

No need to mention permanent changes to cards in the player or infection decks during Legacy; I think the changes will be relatively easy to ignore.

Yes, I know that new role cards were included in the most recent edition of vanilla Pandemic, and the rules were clarified. This stuff is all available online for free and is easy to print out.

Yes, I am aware I would still need to buy the OTB upgrade kit if I wanted to mix that in too. But it's $5, which is not bad.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
I believe the answer is yes, the backs, cardstock and dimensions are the same. Though I don't actually own regular Pandemic to check.

On the other hand, you shouldn't assume every change to the player or infection decks will be easy to ignore...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the newer version of Pandemic, and yes the cards for the Player and Infection Deck are the same. The Infection deck of our Base Pandemic was getting a bit old, so I am also keeping the one from Pandemic Legacy as a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks. Good news for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.