Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of going clockwise, grab a standard deck of playing cards, and pull out the Ace to (player count). Shuffle this deck during the debate (pre-presentation) phase, and deal 1 card to each player. When it is time for presentations, reveal these cards, and starting with Ace (and then going up), present. Reshuffle and deal during each debate phase, so that presentations have no preset order.

The main advantage of this method is it allows mixing up the presentations in a completely unbiased way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
I don't even teach the presentation. I don't really see what it adds to the game really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you know when a round is over? How does the game end?

I can see the use of the presentations is it gives everyone a voice, when otherwise some players can be talked over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:

I can see the use of the presentations is it gives everyone a voice, when otherwise some players can be talked over.
I don't teach rounds. I have the FS place their 8 clues down and then people start turning in accusation tokens whenever they feel like it. And if no one can agree in what order to turn them in, I make it be clockwise from the FS.

While the FS places clue tokens, I encourage people to think out loud so the FS can hear feedback about their clues immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
MunchWolf wrote:

I don't teach rounds. I have the FS place their 8 clues down and then people start turning in accusation tokens whenever they feel like it. And if no one can agree in what order to turn them in, I make it be clockwise from the FS.

While the FS places tokes, I encourage people to think out loud so the FS can hear feedback about their clues immediately.

That sounds like a great idea to be submitted as its own variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
Quote:
Cavaet: I have not played the game, but I have just unboxed it, read the rules, and ran through how it played.
Just reporting on my feelings as someone who has played the game many, many times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Quote:
Cavaet: I have not played the game, but I have just unboxed it, read the rules, and ran through how it played.
Just reporting on my feelings as someone who has played the game many, many times.

I don't understand.

I think your idea has merit, and should be submitted as it's own variant in the forum so that people can identify, discuss, and utilize it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
I don't even teach the presentation. I don't really see what it adds to the game really.

Mostly agree with this, though we've found with hesitant people sometimes forcing them to say something is helpful to get the game moving a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Quote:

I don't understand.

I think your idea has merit, and should be submitted as it's own variant in the forum so that people can identify, discuss, and utilize it.

Ah, it seems this variant exists:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1524544/one-round-varian...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean West
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Mostly agree with this, though we've found with hesitant people sometimes forcing them to say something is helpful to get the game moving a little.

This for me too. I don't find that this is a game that needs to be played rigidly by the rules as written. It's been much more fun with the groups that I've introduced it to to let the conversation progress organically. As the game host or "moderator" I will usually only push the group to do their "presentations" when either (a) they are quiet and need help getting the discussion started or (b) they have lost focus on are talking all over the place and need to be be brought back on track to the task at hand.

I've found as the Forensic Scientist that the conversation will usually hit a natural point where you can tell it's time to switch out a clue card and move on to the next "round" without needing to strictly follow the sequence of events described in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.