7 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Online Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan marcial
Portugal
flag msg tools
Hello, I'm really enjoying watching replays of the last 2016 online tournament. Although, I got a question for veteran players: Do you think online players are the best in the world? or May exist out internet play any player as skilled as them?. In others words, Do you think the winner of the online tournament is the best player of the world? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Craig
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that they are more than likely the best players in the world. There is of course a chance that there is a better player that does not play online but I tend to doubt it as the online play is so easy and convenient that if you enjoyed enough to get that good you probably would seek out ways to play the game more.

Also since I beat the winner of this year's tournament one time I can brag that I at one time won a game against the best player in the world. That helps me deal with my much more common losses when playing online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Poulter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is possible to win a tournament and not be the best player in the world, as the number of games are limited. The player at the top of the online ladder is more likely to be the best player. Having said that, they are often the same player and high ranked (using ladder position) players often do well in the tournaments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Ludwig

Remetschwil
Schweiz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
where/how do you watch games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also wouldn't mind knowing how you can watch these games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.