Subject: A Curious Dream - The Labyrinth rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... I awoke suddenly with a startle. No idea where I was or how I got here, but the surroundings are somehow familiar, as if I'd been here before. Around me were long winding corridors in all directions - and in the distance a figure watching, only just in sight.

With no idea where to go, I decided my only option was to move down of of the corridors. I was drawn towards the red, perhaps a warning... Or maybe deliberately warding me away. The tunnel was winding, ever changing; every step led me to another fork in the road. I kept moving and following the red trail. Eventually I stumbled across a solitary door, slightly ajar, with a globe above it. I was unsure what fate would greet me on the other side, but still figuring out where I was and with no other option, against my better judgement I stepped through.

Suddenly I was at the end of a brown corridor, only one way forward. I knew I was in the same place, but it felt different - I felt as though I was being watched again. I pushed forward looking for another way out, planning my every step meticulously until... A terrifying apparition appeared in my way, a ghostly spectre which sent shocks to my core.

Without thinking I turned a fled, running as fast as possible around corners, through coloured hallways until I could run no more. It was gone, the feeling of being watched was gone, but I was also lost again.

Gathering my thoughts I continued forward - never really sure of what my end goal was or what I would find. I soon figured that moving along corridors would lead me to more mysterious doors. Every time I passed through I felt closer to something; though whether the doors were leading me out or towards a place more sinister I couldn't be sure.

I eventually discovered a room with a locked door which disoriented me - trying to break it down was futile, as if some magic was holding it shut. The room was full of out of place equipment and furniture, the only item which seemed to fit was a chest - which contained a number of coloured keys. One opened the door - and I held onto the others.

Corridors, doors, and more of these horrific nightmares; I was never sure what would be around any corner of this labyrinth. I eventually realised the keys I found early not only opened the doors, but were able to somehow destroy the form of the ghostly spectres. Should I keep them for the doors and risk getting lost again, or save myself from these horrors and risk getting stuck? I pressed forward.

I had no idea how much time had passed, or how many doors I had travelled through, but eventually I found myself in somewhere new... A small white room with a single multicoloured door. All feeling of dread and terror was lifted. The door opened and out stepped a curious yellow creature; he introduced himself as a denizen, the architect.

"Welcome to the Oniverse," he said. "You have survived against the incubus but he was merely a pawn. We need your help against the real enemy, we must save the forest."

We stepped through the door together.

To be continued...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.