3 Posts

Vikings Gone Wild» Forums » General

Subject: Expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karen S
msg tools
Hi again,

Sort of reviving an old post before the pledge manager closes. Am currently at the Deluxe Level. According to the KS, the value of the ultimate is 159 - that's 90 more value than the deluxe for an extra 40. So I'm still trying to break down the value because I don't need the gems, the fifth player expansion, and maybe not even the Guild Wars because it seems to me that it's more suited to 4 players. I figure 20 or 25 dollar value for the gems, leaving 70ish dollars of value in the two big expansions, 5th player add-on, and special box. What do you suppose that breakdown is?
Also, someone had indicated that the expansion will not be sold separately - can anyone confirm this or direct me to the source of that info? Also, what are your thoughts on the Guild Wars expansion for 2 players?

Thanks very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Bishopville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They mentioned during the kickstarter than if/when the expansions hit retail, they would likely be bundled as a larger package. But they said it likely wouldn't happen for a while after the standard retail release.

I also didn't need the fifth player expansion, nor really the guild wars, but some of those cards could be swapped into a regular game (guild wars I mean), so it does have some use outside of that.

Gems are a tough one. They run "sales" in the digital game where you can get that many gems for about 9.99, but typically I think it is about $15-20.

All in all, I figured I would go in for everything because the game looked good, they ran a great kickstarter, and the 106 exclusive cards or so was outrageous so I wanted to show my support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

I also just heard from Vincent himself. He said that the expansions will be sold separately from each other, for an msrp of $20. He also confirmed that it would be some time before they'd be available at retail. And he suggested that Guild Wars is in fact good for 2 players and that 96% of the cards are still useable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.