Subject: Intro Tips for a New BGG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Heath
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Hello All-

Over the course of the past year I have developed a board game that I'm launching on Kickstarter next month. I've heard a lot about BGG and initially the site is a little overwhelming to dive into.

Any tips from some of you veteran BGG'ers on what forums and other parts of the site I should check out, both as a board game developer and a lover of board games?

I've also haven't really participated in forums in the past, so any tips on etiquette in terms of engaging in these forums would also be helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
welcome!
First useful thing to do is to rate and comment on games you've played. This is useful because as you ask questions in the forums people can relate their answers to what you know and like.
Next I would suggest looking around here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/974616/boardgamegeek/board-g...
as you'll see many convos on what makes a game good and what steps to take to make sure your game is good

Before you dive in I suggest getting a thick skin because you may feel like were trying to flay you alive for wanting to kickstart a board game and your new to this site. Just remember this is because everyone here loves board games and we want your game to be awesome. The research and help you can get here is substantial.
We have seen plenty of people show up here and announce their new and unique (which they never are) game they invented and watch them crash and burn because they didn't know how much board gaming was actually out there and they were clearly not prepared.
Linking and promoting your kickstarter is not allowed except in the press release section, so talk about your game and whatever but remember to link to your game directly and not to your kickstarter page

Hope that helps and gets you going in the right direction!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan García
Mexico
Monterrey
Nuevo Leon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you subscribe to your thread so you receive notifications whenever someone replies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.