Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Akshay P
United States
Whidbey Island
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
My first try at the game and I am in a position where I have a scoring question. This may be a simple question but I do not see anything in the rules that clarifies my situation. I have attached an image for context:

Basically, the road in question is where the yellow thief meeple was placed first. The red meeple was placed on the road at a later time before both the roads got completed by the right corner piece and ended up joining the two roads.

So who ends up getting points in this case? Are both red and yellow given the same amount of points?

Clarification will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ariel
Chile
Vina del Mar
V. Region
flag msg tools
badge
If a game needs it, I feel forced to create and implement some variants.
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, both of you gain 16 points. In Carcassonne, tied players obtain the same points. When someone have the majority, then he scores alone and the others nothing. EDIT: There is not halved points situations in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red and Yellow would score the same amount (assuming that the red placement was within the guidelines that it could not be placed on a road that was already claimed).

It also looks like the 'yellow' Monk has also completed their score of the cloister.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Heath-Renn
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
235689KA
badge
Content Generation For A New Generation
mbmbmbmbmb
The order in which they were placed doesn't matter - if Red and Yellow both have the same number of thieves on the road, they both score the full number of points.

From the new edition rulebook:
Quote:
If there are multiple meeples in a single scored feature, the player with the most meeples is awarded full points and all other players receive nothing. When more than one player have the most meeples in a scored feature, the tied players all score full points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stealing from the opponents is a very important tactic for more advanced players. You place your meeple on a close-by but unconnected feature where your opponent is building something big (city, road or field) and in later turns you try to connect them before they finish, so you share their points and minimize their advantage.

It's important to remember that they have to be unconnected at the time you place your meeple there, because you cannot put them on a feature that already has a meeple on it (even one of your own).

It's very common to try this on big fields with a lot of cities towards the end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw that happen with a Megaopolis in my last Carcassonne game, it was pretty swingy as to who would claim the points, it ended up getting cathedraled AND copleted with a tie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.