Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rui Santos
Portugal
Costa de Caparica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hello fellow geeks, this is my first post on BGG, so be gentle with me in case I do something wrong.

A couple of years back I got in this hobby, and even if I'm mostly a solo gamer (trying to make my friends realise how amazing are boargames these days) the 1st Edition of MoM was to good to not buy (even with all its flaws), so now I'm the proud owner of the core set, FA and CotW.
Since I started a bit late in this hobby, all the printings out there were already revised editions (as with AH, my 'portal to this other world'), so no more need for replacement cards or any other game part.
I was super excited to know about this 2nd Edition, and after reading the first reviews (thank you very much, bleached_lizard and Scarlet Witch, you've helped with all the arcane knowledge you've shared in MoM and AH forums much more than you can imagine) the hype, which I thought could not be any higher, went off the scale.
So my question here is: Are there any typos or some kind of errors that will be revised in later printings or is this a completely 'polished' game?
I'd rather wait than have a FA 1st printing kind of game in my hands, even if this game seems to be everything I wished and perhaps even more.

Thank you very much for your time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my copy yet, so I can't say much for typos in the physical media. However the benefit of having an App (which is where most of the instruction and text for 2nd edition is going to be), revised versions are as simple as a software update. So I would say just go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pretty unlikely that any game will get it completely right out of the gate. With that said, however, because there are less cards and the app takes care of the brunt of it, the likelyhood of needing errata cards is lessened, and instead you'll end up with updates to the app to fix a lot of problems.

So really, you have to ask yourself:

1. How important is it for you to have less errata cards?
2. How much will it bother you to not be playing this game until they announce any errata/fixes, which may not even appear in printed form?

(In other words, you won't have to worry about FA 1st printing problems. It's been a few years since that happened, and FFG has learned a lot since then. I don't recall any problems of that magnitude since)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
So far I've seen "Chthonian" misspelled on the monster chit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Naaaah, jump straight in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These things usually niggle me, but (admittedly only) three games in I've seen hardly any, a misplaced plural in flavour text, for example. Certainly nothing rule breaking. The most noticeable was the app telling me to get the wrong hall corner tile, but the picture made it clear what tile should be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Andrews
Wales
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought this for solo play as I loved 1st edition and have used many different mechanisms from BGG to play through it's scenarios and expansions solo.

I played the first scenario of 2nd edition last night and was blown away with the experience. It was smooth, immersive and well balanced.

I personally believe on a price per hour of gameplay that this game is truly worth it for any type of play including solo.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
So far I've seen "Chthonian" misspelled on the monster chit

Don't you ever stop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.