40 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Walgreens] Dice Masters: Age of Ultron marked down to $4.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lady Baynes
msg tools
Marked down today to it's lowest clearance price. I snagged it hoping to see what the hype is all about. Reading about how much of a money pit it can be, I almost hope I hate it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are the booster packs also discounted or is it just the starter sets they sell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
are the booster packs also discounted or is it just the starter sets they sell?

I've only ever seen starters, I think the boosters would walk out the door by the score in that environment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Koenig
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
Is this just certain Walgreens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When it was around $10 a few weeks ago, the boosters were regular price. $1 or $2, I forget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lady Baynes
msg tools
I'm not sure if it's regional or nationwide. Our store does not sell boosters, but apparently others do. Sorry for such a vague response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I went in two weeks ago and picked one up at the $10 price, despite not really wanting it. $5 is so much better though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pickelsimer
United States
Piedmont
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked some boosters up and I think they were 59 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bl Blkk
msg tools
Can confirm .59 boosters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Pigg
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yup, I picked up the last four boosters at my store for 59 cents apiece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Heyman
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is still a bit different from store to store. I've been to three stores in my area that had stock per the Walgreens website.

Store 1: Starters $4.99 (had 2); Boosters $0.59 (had 3)
Store 2: Starters $4.99 (had 2); Boosters $0.79 (had 2)
Store 3: Starters $9.99 (had 1); Boosters $0.59 (had 2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Kellis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The website is actually showing MORE starters in stock than were in the store when I bought one for $11 a few weeks ago. Some clearance!

On the plus side, I had to go to that shopping center anyway that day. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buerger
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Weird pricing, found the starter for $4.99 (one more left at kipling and bowles in colorado) but the boosters were .99, i picked up the last one anyway but odd that the prices are all over the place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Orr
United States
California
flag msg tools
Definitely been curious about this one... at $5, it's basically mandatory.

To check stock, click here, then click find at store, then check "See only stores that have it." Just please leave one at E 14th in San Leandro!

It doesn't look like the right item on the website, but that's the item number on the clearance tag. They must be using the same one for all the starter sets. Maybe other starters are on clearance too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kingside_Bishop wrote:

To check stock, click here, then click find at store, then check "See only stores that have it." Just please leave one at E 14th in San Leandro!

It doesn't look like the right item on the website, but that's the item number on the clearance tag. They must be using the same one for all the starter sets. Maybe other starters are on clearance too...

Nice, and the boosters are one number higher, as such so you can check if your store carries those too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hodsdon
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice tip, I picked one up today. Didn't know they even carried it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lady Baynes
msg tools
Just bought the last 8 boosters in our area. They were marked down to $.59, but I got that down by 15% due to the hubs' employee discount... sweet. Thanks for the tip about checking stock online!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Long
United States
Burien
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey I've been there. Hello fellow San Leandro resident. You don't have to worry about any competition as I am out of town.

damiangerous wrote:
Kingside_Bishop wrote:

Nice, and the boosters are one number higher, as such so you can check if your store carries those too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Modica
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just picked up the starter set and the 8 boosters they had in stock. Since I've never played before is it worth picking up a second starter set for casual play. Or should what I have now probably be good enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My local Walgreens was shown to have boosters and starters according to the website, but they said on the phone that the same WIC (Walgreens Item Code) was for both and they only had "the big one. Well, it's not that big, but it's $4.99". I'd been in there a couple times and only saw starters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Orr
United States
California
flag msg tools
escadia12 wrote:
Hey I've been there. Hello fellow San Leandro resident. You don't have to worry about any competition as I am out of town.
Nice to meet you! It's always funny realising people we interact with in a digital medium, actually do exist IRL.

I checked my store btw: $10... Will check again tomorrow for Sunday changes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Barringer
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Checkout person at Walgreen's as I dumped the starter pack and an armful of booster packs on the counter: "Well, that looks...interesting."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil Vin wrote:
Just picked up the starter set and the 8 boosters they had in stock. Since I've never played before is it worth picking up a second starter set for casual play. Or should what I have now probably be good enough?

You definitely don't need another Age of Ultron starter. If you can find a different set starter, it might be worth picking up, but with just the one starter you can play an introductory/beginner game to get a feel for it and see if you like it (play 4 characters vs. 4 characters instead of 8v8).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Kellis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, as a newbie to Dice Masters two days ago, I disagree. I say buy two starters.

First: $4.99?!

Also, in a single starter you get two dice per characters, but most cards will allow max of four. So if you have a second starter set, you get 4 dice per character. My son and I have played a bunch of games so far where we each draft 4 characters. If we pick the same, we get 2 dice each. If we each pick different characters, 4 dice each. We end up with, like, 12 to 16 dice each for some really good games with 20 HP to start.

And last, with 2 starters, I have the option to do the 2v2 variant, although I'm not sure if/when that will happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.