Subject: 2v2 varient rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtis Grens
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So of course Castle Assault was developed as a 1 or 2 player game, but I can't tell you how many people I've talked to while demoing the game have asked about the possibility of having more than 2 player gameplay. And it's come up a bunch in the comments for the current kickstarter for Castle Assault: Fell Fire, and a 3-4 player expansion was even added as one of the new stretch goals for that kickstarter (which ends later today 8/5).
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/452056707/castle-assaul...

And what exactly the rule set and gameboard would actually look like is completely TBD as far as I'm aware (team based or every player for themselves? Cross-shaped gameboard?)
-----------
But this got me thinking about what I think could be a fun multiplayer (2v2) gameplay variant that uses the existing board and just minor modification to the Castle Assault rules. The basic idea is that for each team, one player will own the left spot/column of the castle, and their teammate owns the right spot to deploy units.

So while you can't place a units in your teammate's spot in the castle, either teammate can deploy to the center column in the castle, HOWEVER the center spot will cost 1 extra resource...

And I was thinking that turns for the entire team (momentum roll, draw, move units, open phase, etc) would happen simultaneously, and the game would otherwise proceed according to the rules, just with basically twice as many units getting tossed out on the battlefield per turn.

Does that make any sense? This needs to actually be playtested, and I'll be heading to GenCon tomorrow to meet up with some of the other Castle Assault crew there, and hopefully I'll get a chance to try out this 2v2 game mode more.

And if anyone else finds it interesting enough to try out, please let me know how it goes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.