Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering how long everyone's first scenario was? I was surprised it took us about 2.5 hours. When the beginning said 90 minutes. And we didn't even look up many rules. Plus only with 4 investigators. I'm thinking the time is for 1 or 2 investigators.

We did have someone go insane which was fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with just 2 investigators and it lasted 2.5 hours too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Niederman
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I played twice today, both with 2 investigators. The first time took about two hours, but the second only 90 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
warpi9 wrote:
Just wondering how long everyone's first scenario was? I was surprised it took us about 2.5 hours. When the beginning said 90 minutes. And we didn't even look up many rules. Plus only with 4 investigators. I'm thinking the time is for 1 or 2 investigators.

We did have someone go insane which was fun.

Think it depends on how much of the flavour you take in.
Once you've played the game a couple of times you will know some of the attacks and get used to rolling dice, using items and so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Andrews
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played solo using two characters and it came in at just over 2 hours. Both my investigators went insane and one was wounded but I just managed to get out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A U
msg tools
mbmb
I have played the first scenario twice. The first time was solo with 2 investigators. I lost right at the end. Game took about 2 hours. Second game was with three people/investigators. We won in about 2.5 hours. Our group likes to pick up all the search tokens, battle the monsters and read all of the flavor text. I let the group make the majority of the decisions on the second play through. I am sure I could have shortened the second play through by making more of the decisions but what is the fun in that. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam J. Forster
United Kingdom
Shifnal
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just finished my first play of Cycle of Eternity. I played solo with two characters and it took 3.25 hours, split over two sessions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
Guys, don't you know there's 'lies, damn lies, and then estimated playing times for board games'

Of course it takes longer than they say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My first solo game took..a bit under 2 hours? Definitely nothing crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan Mašát
Czech Republic
Praha
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first scenario game lasted over 4.5h. That is four times longer than stated. We had fun, but I am concerned about the other, longer scenarios. Do you have some tips how to speed up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.