Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt W
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
I couldn't find an answer here so I am posting this question. I'm not understanding one rule on page 11. It states that Agatha rolls 2 dice to test her strength to negate. However, if you look at the app example, it states [strength symbol] +1 negates. Wouldn't that mean she rolls 3 dice? (2 strength +1). Am I not understanding that correctly? Thanks!

Edit: question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Queastion about negate on page 11 of 'Learn to Play'
It seems that there's simply an error in the example, as far as I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Queastion about negate on page 11 of 'Learn to Play'
You have it. 2 dice from her strength stat +1 die modifier for an easier test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
Cool, thanks. Appreciate the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a FFG trademark to have blatant errors in their rulebooks that people not even familiar with the product can spot in a single readthrough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
oktive wrote:
I couldn't find an answer here so I am posting this question. I'm not understanding one rule on page 11. It states that Agatha rolls 2 dice to test her strength to negate. However, if you look at the app example, it states [strength symbol] +1 negates. Wouldn't that mean she rolls 3 dice? (2 strength +1). Am I not understanding that correctly? Thanks!

Edit: question

I thought the same, as I have a lot of experience with FFG games, inthought it best to ignore that example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Chacon
msg tools
I believe it's saying +1 strength negates a damage so she rolled one star which negates one two would have negate both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's more problems with this example.

At step 3. it says the Deep One attacks the investigator in its space who has suffered the most Damage. Yet in the screenshot it clearly says the Deep One attacks the investigator who has suffered the least Damage.

Furthermore, at step 6. it says the Damage is facedown, when Damage is always received face up, unless it is specifically stated to be facedown, which it is not in the screenshot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.