Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alain Bruegger
Switzerland
Bern
Bern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really really excited about this game! One thing that confuses me though is the question about the distribution of higher level cards across Mythos packs. Is there any information around regarding this?

Since there seem to be five levels for the cards, I cannot imagine that all levels of the same card are included in the same Mythos pack. On the other hand, it would be a bit strange to only receive a higher level version of the same card several Mythos packs down the road...

What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has it already been revealed how leveling works?

I'd assume that advancement is rather slow and/or higher levels are quite costly, so you probably won't need level 4/5 cards for quite a while.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're only included in deluxe sets. Or maybe there'll even be something like an additional high-level core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think every card will have 5 levels. Just that there are better cards with better effects. Those cards have 1-5 dots which is the xp cost. There won't be 5 of every card. So for that lucky example, that is the best version and just costs 2 xp to include.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Domínguez
msg tools
There are actually 6 levels, as cards can also have 0 pints (and investigators refer to 0-5 levels).

No one knows their distribution on the mythos packs, but I'm guessing 3 player cards per class, one of them a leveled up version of a new or former card. That would take 30 slots, with neutrals taking up another 4 more and the investigator plus his unique cards probably another 4. Small room for the new scenarios, but since locations seem to not be a part of them anymore, it could be doable.

I'm not sure all those levels were really requires, more considering investigations seem to have a set patern of a full class and a half, but time will tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
I don't think every card will have 5 levels. Just that there are better cards with better effects. Those cards have 1-5 dots which is the xp cost. There won't be 5 of every card. So for that lucky example, that is the best version and just costs 2 xp to include.

I agree.
We've seen two versions of Blinding Light, one with 0 pips and one with 2 pips. But it doesn't necessarily mean there is a 1 pip version or a 3, 4, and 5 version.
I'm sure that some cards won't have multiple ranks at all. And we'll also probably see some cards have only one "rank" but still have more than 0 pips in order to limit deck building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.