11 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: Massdrop opportunity? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ajnos Ajnos
msg tools
mb
A group of people have set up a Massdrop for The Ohers: 7 Sins. Is it worth it? Or is it better to wait for it to be available at retail stores?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mckay
United Kingdom
Westerham
Kent
flag msg tools
Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun.
mbmb
Maybe I'm being stupid. What's a massdrop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saving by buying in bulk, usually as more people sign up the cheaper it gets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott HillJennings
United States
Cornelius
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is definitely cheaper been buying at retail so if you are set on getting the game I would join the drop. I've done several board game drops before and while they can be rather slow everything always arrives in good condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ajnos wrote:
A group of people have set up a Massdrop for The Ohers: 7 Sins. Is it worth it? Or is it better to wait for it to be available at retail stores?

We might be able to help more if we knew what the price was for the drop as well as what is included in it? Maybe a link to it?

see below response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Others (main box): $80
Each of the 5 expansion: $20 ea. = $100
Dice Pack: ?

The drop (I did your research for you) is $150 + $10 shipping. so yeah I would say it's worth it as it is cheaper than retail by $20 plus the cost of the dice pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ajnos Ajnos
msg tools
mb
Here's the link:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/the-others-7-sins-base-game-and...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:

The drop (I did your research for you) is $150 + $10 shipping. so yeah I would say it's worth it as it is cheaper than retail by $20 plus the cost of the dice pack.

Depending upon which expansions you get, you may not need the dice pack. I bought it and realized after the fact that I was getting an extra 3 sin dice with every pack, and the Beta team has dice too (good guys).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Berentski wrote:
danlicata wrote:

Depending upon which expansions you get, you may not need the dice pack. I bought it and realized after the fact that I was getting an extra 3 sin dice with every pack, and the Beta team has dice too (good guys).

Yeah you probably don't but it's included in the drop so it's there. They will be missing out on the extra Faith dice so the three that come in the set will be helpful. With this drop they'll have more than enough Sin dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say the Sins player needs a lot of dice. I've had a situation where I've had 13 dice to roll in one combat... and that's not even including the exploding dice!

The FAITH players can get by with about 10 dice.

The 7 each included in the base game are barely enough to get started.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky you get another 3 each with all the sins then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.