Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kai Muenster
Germany
Schwerte
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, is it correct that i can use one of the sow actions to sow grain on a field that already contains grain planted in a previous round? I am asking because it is not clearly stated in the rules that the field needs to be empty in order to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I have not played the agricola: familienspiel yet, but in all other Uwe Rosenberg games where you can plant things on fields, they have to be empty to sow on it. I'm really sure, that this is true to this game. Also it makes sense for the gameplay (and in reality too ).
I looked through the rule book from the outlook games homepage, but I didn't read any rule that confirm that. Maybe Uwe thought that this rule is self explaining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maeddes maeddison
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
badge
Der Mensch wird am Du zum Ich. Buber
mbmbmbmbmb
Oldschool99 wrote:
Hello, is it correct that i can use one of the sow actions to sow grain on a field that already contains grain planted in a previous round?

No, in order to sow grain the field has to be empty! Bearing in mind that remaining grain on you fields is at the end of the game each worth on point this action would otherwise be way too overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Muenster
Germany
Schwerte
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, you are right, themewise it makes the most sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kremer
Germany
Moosburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree that it would make sense that the fields need to be empty, there is actually no rule in the rules that would actually forbid it. Neither in the german nor in the english version of the rulebook.

I have no idea if its an oversight or if its acutally intended to make the rules easier.

I house ruled it that the fields need to be empty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Skurr
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
Our house rules are that you can only reap what you sow that round. But you can sow anywhere (occupied or not).

So no reaping a field that has wheat in already that was NOT sowed this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Skurr
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
Does anyone know how to get an offical ruling?

Reaping only what is sowed that round (and limiting to 3 fields) does not make it over powered.

Either interpretation seems ok and balanced. (sow on empty fields only VS sow wherever). I have not played the full version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Romans
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say "field" - not empty field. I think the rules are mistaken and suggest only sowing on empty fields. Just like with the original "Agricola"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.