$20.00
David Pinter
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK, so I've done my best to look through all of the rules forum, and I'm not coming up with this topic specifically (however, the question of where can a card be discarded from to build prestige building came up once or twice tho).

Now, I'm away from home for the month with my family, and in attempts to get as many games there with me I stripped down unnecessary things from games and one thing I left for safe-keeping was the awkwardly large Tournay rules book (it's quite long in 1 dimension). Now I have the english rules pdf and I know it's missing a couple pages from the Z-man games rule book that specifically addresses I-II-III cards and prestige building costs. (a pdf of those pages is only available in french) And, of course, that's what I need. blush

But please help me out since this came up: If the cost to play a prestige building is a meeple/worker, I know that the meeple gets returned to the pool that all players may buy from. The issue is, where can the meeple be discarded from? I know he can come from standing on top of the plaza card (e.g. he's available to use), but I don't know whether these two options are possible:

1) can you discard from used workers lying next to the plaza card? (this might save you an action since you wouldn't have to call back all your workers)

2) can you discard worker from an occupied building card in your district? (this would allow you to not have to call back and/or open up a used building so you can immediately use it again)

I'm suspicious that case 1 would probably be "no"...but I'm not sure? And if I had to I'd guess that case 2 is a definite "no", but I don't have anything to back these guesses up.

Anyway, a definitive answer would be greatly appreciated so that I can get back to this game again while I'm still out of town. If anybody has the relevant personal scan pdf of the Z-man english rule book, a PM would be awesome!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That cost is explained as "1 of your ... citizens from anywhere (district, Plaza card, or lying near the Plaza)." So all your scenarios are valid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An explanation of the prestige buildings' "pay a citizen" cost is explained (in English) in the Tournay Player Aid, available here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pinter
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks to both of you! That's at least part of the rules that I needed that wasn't in the pdf version that I had. Still doesn't have all the explanations of the cards like the back of my Z-man rules book, but it'll get me through the rest of my time away from home. So that's great! Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.