Subject: 1st edition - select what to use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you choose to use 1st edition material can I select to only use the investigators and monsters? As far as I understand the tiles don´t bring much difference beside of map design or do they something special? If not I would prefer to not add them as it will increase the time to find tiles.

thanks for any answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all or nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tiles are half as bad, because they are called out by text and expansion symbol.

So if you look at the symbol first, you know where to search for the tile.

And most often tiles will be from the 2nd edition base game, so sorting them by editions actually should do the trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Lovecraft
Germany
Duesseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. Do you know if the tiles itself have any different function like change in narrative or other things that happen in the game? Or is it just a different map layout?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just a different layout as far as I can tell at the moment.

For example there is only an 2x2 entrance hall tile (no 2x3 tiles at all) available in 2nd edition, but if you add 1st edition components the game will sometimes spawn a layout where you enter the building with the 2x3 lobby from the first game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Apfel
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I really wish they would have added the option to choose which components you want to use. It would have been extremely easily to add that functionality. This way someone who already owns all the miniatures from their (now defunct) pre-painted miniatures line could just add the investigators and/or monsters from the other products without needing to own the tiles as well.

I'll be proxying the investigators to work around it for now, but it's mind boggling that something that basic wasn't caught early on. When I can put together hi-res images of the missing tiles and print them out, I'll be able to add the entire products as a whole, but I'm definitely not spending $100s of dollars on out-of-print 1E products just for a few tiles that may show up on the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So basically the conversion kit is useless unless you own 1st edition stuff. Thanks for those answering this. I'll likely start my first game this week and was wondering about this. Kind of stinks its all or nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.