Subject: Played it last night and is was.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Stål
Sweden
Örebro
ÖREBRO
flag msg tools
For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts. This you can trust.
badge
Ram it down!
mbmbmbmbmb
... really good. Took all the bad parts of the first edition. Setup, bookkeeping, the long wait for the "overlords" turn. All gone and taken care of by the app. The app also was a great thematic component ambient sound, sudden noises and great narration and so forth. All the puzzles are on the app and what a great thing it is. Just a stellar product. Only negative is that miniature quality, dont get me wrong it good just not great as we ha e come to expect from FFG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Holt
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Yes well the miniatures aren't the greatest even the 1st edition mini's were mediocre however that I can live with. The gameplay is more important.
When you look at the mini's in games like Warhammer quest silver tower they are absolutely amazing compared to MOM but look at the price tag. Silver tower is about double the price so you get what you pay for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deckard31 wrote:
Yes well the miniatures aren't the greatest even the 1st edition mini's were mediocre however that I can live with. The gameplay is more important.
When you look at the mini's in games like Warhammer quest silver tower they are absolutely amazing compared to MOM but look at the price tag. Silver tower is about double the price so you get what you pay for.

Well, in my opinion, Games Workshop is a miniatures company that happens to make some games, and Fantasy Flight is a games company that happens to make some miniatures. I'll agree that the miniatures in MoM are... not good, but I'm hoping when I slap some paint on them, it will help them not look so bad. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with minis comments, although it won't spoil the game for us... they're just fancy plastic tokens (in both games). Painting will surely help. The flexible plastic & rough details give them that toy feeling... hopefully they paint up ok anyway! But the material used will make them more durable I suppose.

And FWIW, WHQ:ST and MoM2e are basically the same price at full RRP, within a couple of £ anyway, in the UK at least.

Certainly WHQ:ST isn't double the price, even factoring in discounts/online prices. But I don't doubt that more of that cash goes towards the figures than the other components/game design/testing for GW's offering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Holt
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
I live in Australia and War Hammer Quest Silver Tower retails around AU$225 and up.
Mansions 2nd edition on pre order is listing around AU$139.

So yes not quite double I guess but for the expense you get better miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes!

WHQ:ST = £95 RRP @ GW (£70-80 maybe elsewhere)
MoM2e = £92.99 RRP (about £70 online or with FLGS discounts)

So is the "nearly double" down to GW giving it the usual full Aussie pricing treatment? Or just MoM pricing conversion being atypical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's GW standard slap in the face to us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Well in the US WHQ is $150 and MoM $100, so in this case the UK conversion rate is also very poor from FFG. Though part of that can be put dew to currency issues in wake of Brexit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord of Wormwood wrote:
That's GW standard slap in the face to us

And yet people just KEEP buying their stuff. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abaddon Wormwood
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Not as many as they would like. I am sure there are a lot less Games Workshop stores around Australia today then were 10 years ago.

Actually, I would like to see what GW's profit and loss is for Australia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.