Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysiek
Poland
Chorzów
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Sorry if this question came up before, but I am wondering if there is a strategy guide available for FS ? I found nothing but rule reference cards in the files section.

I am thinking of a strategy guide in vein of that which was published for Twilight Imperium, which consists of a race brake down and contains vital pointers on how to play best with a particular faction/race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh White
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
There are 4 posts in the Strategy forum with a fair bit of detail. One for each race.

The Chaos Marines one is here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1394002/rage-unending-world...

Happy strategizing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grab
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alleged wrote:
There are 4 posts in the Strategy forum with a fair bit of detail. One for each race.

The Chaos Marines one is here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1394002/rage-unending-world...

Happy strategizing!

That being said - after gaining some experiance with the game, I would disagree with a lot of stuff written in those. Read them with a lot of caution, they can lead into false conclusions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genestealer Patriarch
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found these really helpful getting started. I agree with most of Umbral's opinions (having played a lot since), and they are the best strategy guides I've seen for FS.

I think where I diverge is that Marines are much tougher to win with (at least in 4 player games) than he suggests, and that growing cultists in combat is my central strategy when playing Chaos.

I find order guides ("do this Turn 1, do these four orders Turn 2...") of limited use because they assume your opponents are just sitting there letting you. In our games each faction is advancing from the start, fancy upgrades and the like need to slot in with the initial rush for objectives and desperately defending your valuable locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.