BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Do It Yourself

Subject: Printing Cards Against Humanity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luís Ferreira
Portugal
flag msg tools
Hello,
I am going to print the pdf. of Cards Against Humanity, I thought of printing in 250 g/m2 paper, because printing in 80g/m2 paper and laminating it would actually be more expensive than just buying the game.

My question is: is there a way for to me coat the paper? I've seen candles and beeswax. What do you recommend. Possibly something cheap.

Thanks,
loismen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First I think you should purcahse the game. I even buy the games that I retheme.

You might find would you need here.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/848512/all-diy-links-you-ne...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: Firstly, what Kiai said. If you're going to enjoy the fruits of someone else's creative work, you should pay them for it.

However, assuming that perhaps you've bought a pnp copy or it's a pdf translation into a language that's not available in print See below - high-horse dismounted.

- the easiest and cheapest way is probably to print on reasonably heavy card and then use card sleeves to make the cards easier to shuffle and more durable. This is what I do for prototypes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hague
United Kingdom
Todmorden
West Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as I understand it, the creators of CaH have purposefully made it available to folks to PnP if they want to without paying for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ixphotos wrote:
as I understand it, the creators of CaH have purposefully made it available to folks to PnP if they want to without paying for it.

Okay... Yet another point in common with heroine...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DicingWithDearth wrote:
Edit: Firstly, what Kiai said. If you're going to enjoy the fruits of someone else's creative work, you should pay them for it.

However, assuming that perhaps you've bought a pnp copy or it's a pdf translation into a language that's not available in print See below - high-horse dismounted.

- the easiest and cheapest way is probably to print on reasonably heavy card and then use card sleeves to make the cards easier to shuffle and more durable. This is what I do for prototypes.

I often use old magic cards as stiffener in the card sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kiaiweidemann wrote:
I often use old magic cards as stiffener in the card sleeves.

Me too - though if doing so you might want to print on thinner card or paper so they don't end up being too bulky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have actually made the CAH PnP and unfortunately the cards are formatted as smallish squares so the usual trick of sleeving with an old magic card wont really work.

I reckon you either
1) Print it out on 300 gsm and forget about the coating etc. If it ever gets so beaten up you can't play it print another copy.
2) Just buy the game.

Given how much it is to print, and the result you are looking for I recommend you just buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to go fancy and make your own cards, there are several good tutorials in the PnP Guild page and on Youtube. You can use different products to seal the cards, mostly spray-ons. I use Krylon's Triple Thick Crystal Clear Glaze, but other people use different products that are clear spray-on or brush-on finishes. Be sure to spray these outside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.