Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R Hart
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the juice baby? Lets start generating some hype!
Start with a couple mysterious nuggets of knowledge and and let the geeks do the rest.

Come on now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United States
Jamaica Plain
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got no juice but I would love to see this made into a good board game. I like Busiek's take on the comic a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Hart
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My grail of gaming would be a solid epic fantasy war game, complete with resources, wheeling and dealing, magic and monsters. I love Battlelore for a good simple romp in the woods but look forward to the day when there is something meatier. I never played Divine Right but that sounds like what I would love to see if it were updated/modernized.

Hoping this game may touch a few of those buttons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... all quiet on the italian designer-front cry

Is there really no info ? Nothing ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are clearly adherents of the "Tide of Iron" school of marketing and not the "Battlelore" school of marketing.

But seriously, the release date for the Italian edition is still half a year away, and we don't know anything about English or German editions yet. Patience is a virtue (says the guy who already owns more good games than he has the time to play).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam B
United Kingdom
cheshire
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
With their previous tilte Marvel Heroes, they had some mock ups at the GAMA. Maybe they will do the same with Conan. I think the GAMA is around the 21st April.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sifu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I am willing to learn Italian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll one up that and splice my genes to become a pure bred Italian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ruvion wrote:
I'll one up that and splice my genes to become a pure bred Italian!

Right idea, wrong goal. If you are going to meddle with your DNA, you might as well become a pure bred Cimmerianarrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But doesn't meddling with DNAs result in Crom laughing at you and casting you out of his mountain hall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mika R.
Finland
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You knew this coming, right?

...Not if you do the cutting with a cold, Hyrkanian steel. sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Coon
United States
Redwood City
California
flag msg tools
There has been disturbingly little on this game. Fantasy Flight just updated their plans for the year and this game isn't on the slate. The designers have been talking up a deluxe edition of "War of the Ring." The Conan: Red Nails movie site just went live so maybe that will help move things along. I really doubt we see this in 2007.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sifu
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Bullroarer Took wrote:
I really doubt we see this in 2007.

I hope your intuition fails in this instance. But if it means a superior game, 2008 is fine with me!

I'd just like to get a few more details, but I know that much of the game has probably not been finalized and the designers are loath to leak details which fail to match the final product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mitchell
South Africa
Springs
guateng
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
don corazon wrote:
My grail of gaming would be a solid epic fantasy war game, complete with resources, wheeling and dealing, magic and monsters................

That's spot on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sifu wrote:
Bullroarer Took wrote:
I really doubt we see this in 2007.

I hope your intuition fails in this instance. But if it means a superior game, 2008 is fine with me!

I'd just like to get a few more details, but I know that much of the game has probably not been finalized and the designers are loath to leak details which fail to match the final product.

I agree with this opinion ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ruvion .
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also agree, but can't help but feel that we are justified in wanting, nay needing, some tidbits regarding this top secret project. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Hart
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fortress Ameritrash has some nice details from an interview with the designers:

"F:AT: Your next release appears to be Age of Conan, a game that many of us are anticipating, but details have been precious and few. Can you give us any Fortress: Ameritrash "exclusive" details about what to expect from that?

Roberto:
We are now getting closer and closer to opening the "beta" testing, so I think we can tell something.

Age of Conan will be a game for 2 to 5 players, with players taking control of a major power of the Hyborian Age: Aquilonia, Nemedia, Turan, Stygia, Hyperborea. As a ruler, you will have two main type of units under your control: armies, which you use to crush your enemy, and emissaries, which you use to create alliances and treaties, or to wrestle the alliances of your opponents.

The game is set between the youth of Conan and the time he becomes king, so this is not really a time for an all-out war, world-conquest style. The nations of Hyboria have their own "agenda" for becoming a stronger power, but none of them is set to conquer the other nations. This is reflected by a dual system, where you can either develop your power through military conquest - but this is of course a bloody and costly effort - or using more subtle and treacherous ways.

We are using many elements of War of the Ring as "building blocks", so people who are familiar with War of the Ring will catch up with Age of Conan fairly easily, but all mechanics have been
re-visited with many original twists.

Francesco:
With Age of Conan, we are trying to blend the adventures of Conan and the political and military efforts of the kingdoms of the Hyborian Age, as we were able to reproduce the progress of the Fellowship and the military events of the Lord of the Rings on the same level in War of the
Ring.
You guide your kingdom's rise to power, as Conan forges his myth across the Hyborian kingdoms. From time to time the two paths cross, as Conan fights in your armies, or raids your subjects. You generally try to benefit from his intervention, but the barbarian is dangerous as a
double-edged sword..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sifu wrote:
I am willing to learn Italian.

Me too. I'm pretty psyched about this game. I might wet myself if Conan was represented at first as a merc and the mechanics supported him gaining experience and becoming king.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By Crom they better not muck this game up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still sounds a lot like the old SPI, Mark Herman version brought up to date with Nexus's unique twists, which I think is a good thing. In that older game, you also played one of five kingdoms but any player could control Conan for a time, which, as the designer says, was a double-edged sword. Can hardly wait. Hope it's coming for 2007, but if the beta testing hasn't started yet, then it's probably late fall or around Christmas at earliest.

If I remember, the older version had magic as well and dark sorceries players could use against each other or against Conan, if they were lucky.

(Edited to add final thought.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LC
United States
Florissant
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
2007 - not gonna happen

2008 - maybe

2009 - likely

2010+ the game has been scrapped
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.