Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carine O
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We have played three different scenarios now all of them we got stick with the app...first one we no longer got mythos effects, second one the app jammed on the screen so we could no longer comtinue and the third scenario the app crashed all in total at the exact same spot. Needless to say we are quite done with and and do not even want to,attempt the fourth scenario. We tried different ipads etc, same thing. It is definitely a great game but the app is disastrous...not terrible but seriously disastrous. I hope these issues will be solved because otherwise we really want a refund on our money.

Anyone able to finish a scenario? Are we the only ones with these problems?

Update: FFG are working hard trying to fix the issues. We sent them all our crashes and info which helps them find the bugs etc.

Update august 21st: since the app has been updated all our problems have been solved and we are absolutely loving the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Crash after crash after crash...quite done with it
The Windows "Steam" version works like a charm so far.
No issues, but a wrongly named tile, at all.

But I didn't test all scenarios yet.

If you tell my the point when it crashes, I could click through it and see if it behaves the same as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carine O
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The third scenario crashes after mythos face round six (shattered bonds)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange how some players don't have any problems playing this game, and yet others do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest people list what version of the app and what device they are using when crashes happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
Strange how some players don't have any problems playing this game, and yet others do.
A whole lot depends on the device, the version of your OS, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:

Is this strange? Seems quite natural to me. Then again, I work with computers every day.

Different operating systems, configurations, third party programs, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't recreate this issue so far on Windows. Tried 2 different setups and just did random stuff you would do until round 6, nothing crashed so far...

Might be an IOS port issue or I just couldn't recreate the right circumstances.

Maybe someone else can figure out the bug. (recreate it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest K
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Did the first scenario last night on a Windows 7 machine, no issues and it ran perfectly hooked up to our TV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
grahamj wrote:

Is this strange? Seems quite natural to me. Then again, I work with computers every day.

Different operating systems, configurations, third party programs, etc.

Yup. Seems rather inevitable to me. It's impossible for a restricted number of testers / developers try out all scenarios on all existing platforms with any player count and so on. Just list the problems you're having and report them to FFG media team. I'm expecting to see these issues appearing less and less over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems strange to me too. I thought the premium price for Apple products was because they "just work" and never crash. I've never used one myself but that's what I've always been told by the Apple folks.

If it's any consolation, there are some folks complaining about crashes on the Android version as well.

I would expect quick fixes from FFG.

I should get my game this weekend and I will report my experience on Android. If that turns out to be too buggy, I'll try it on my Windows laptop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problems at all on Android so far on my S6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Apfel
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kbieb wrote:
It seems strange to me too. I thought the premium price for Apple products was because they "just work" and never crash. I've never used one myself but that's what I've always been told by the Apple folks.

If it's any consolation, there are some folks complaining about crashes on the Android version as well.

I would expect quick fixes from FFG.

I should get my game this weekend and I will report my experience on Android. If that turns out to be too buggy, I'll try it on my Windows laptop.

As someone who uses both Apple and Android products, I can assure you that plenty of apps crash on Apple. I can't say for sure on which platform I've experienced more crashes, but it's been common enough on both.

That said, I believe it would help for people to keep in mind this is a cross-platform app and to clearly state the OS and hardware utilized when experiencing problems. Otherwise we just run into situations where one person says it's crashing, and another says it's working fine, and no solutions are ever found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually surprised to hear this. We played multiple games yesterday for 3-4 hours each time. One group was on an iPad Pro 9.7" running iOS 9.3.3. An iPhone 6+ running the same iOS version and a laptop running Windows 10 with Steam. Only issue we had was a prompt that wouldn't stop on the iPad during one game. We closed the app and reopened and all was well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey van Dorp
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HappyGal wrote:
We have played three different scenarios now all of them we got stick with the app...first one we no longer got mythos effects, second one the app jammed on the screen so we could no longer comtinue and the third scenario the app crashed all in total at the exact same spot. Needless to say we are quite done with and and do not even want to,attempt the fourth scenario. We tried different ipads etc, same thing. It is definitely a great game but the app is disastrous...not terrible but seriously disastrous. I hope these issues will be solved because otherwise we really want a refund on our money.

Anyone able to finish a scenario? Are we the only ones with these problems?

Played the first scenario yesterday and the same happened with us.

During the first scenario which is suggested as a starting point, we saved the game and quit the app after roughly 45 minutes of gameplay. It was right after "Eugene Clemens" got pushed to the Lobby from the Dining room by a "Cultist" and it was the investigators turn.
Couple of hours later we tried to resume the scenario but the following happened:

- Scenario started, we could tap the "begin scenario" button.
- Map froze, we couldn't navigate through the map although we could pinch the map to make it smaller, resp. Bigger.
- Search and explore tokens couldn't be tapped.
- Scenario could be saved and quit.
- Monsters in the monster drawer couldn't be tapped.
- Message log was accessible and we could scroll through it.
- Cogwheel to select options was accessible.
- Tried to restart the app several times but that didn't work. Even after we closed the app and rebooted the IPad.

Had to restart the game with the board up midway during our first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt B
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeffrey, I haven't played yet so I'm not sure, but is that a spoiler in your post? If so, you might hide it in spoiler tags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jevfree wrote:

Played the first scenario yesterday and the same happened with us.

- Scenario started, we could tap the "begin scenario" button.
- Map froze, we couldn't navigate through the map although we could pinch the map to make it smaller, resp. Bigger.
- Search and explore tokens couldn't be tapped.
- Scenario could be saved and quit.
- Monsters in the monster drawer couldn't be tapped.
- Message log was accessible and we could scroll through it.
- Cogwheel to select options was accessible.
- Tried to restart the app several times but that didn't work. Even after we closed the app and rebooted the IPad.

Had to restart the game with the board up midway during our first game.

Exactly the same happened to me on my android.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can imagine the frustration engendered by all these problems with the app. My copy of the game is due tomorrow and I have installed the app on my tablets and my PC, though I have not run it yet (I want to savour everything tomorrow, from the slow unboxing to the first play through).

Should I experience any of these problems I too will be disappointed ... though the only crumb of comfort I can offer to each and every one of us is that it is a fair bet that FFG will fix these bugs on the right side of sharpish, given that the software is integral to the actual functioning of the game.

In a way, we are pioneer customers at the onset of the exploration of a strange new world, boldly going where not that many gamers have gone before.

"Scotty, I need all you've got and I need it now!"

"I'm doing my best Captain, but she's all lit up like a Christmas tree down here. If only we had the time for a proper shakedown ..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Scholes
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the best we can so is make sure that we save the game state frequently, so that we can restart and report it to FFG. I assume that they will have people ready to deal with these problems pretty quickly and able to collect diagnostics. Pretty bad form if not as some teething troubles are inevitable and if not fixed quickly might seriously hurt the popularity and hence feasibility of the game considering the premium price asked for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case it would be useful to anyone wanting to report any bugs/glitches encountered, this appears to be the channel:

softwaresupport@fantasyflightgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be curious to know if anyone who is having crashes on iOS is running an outdated iOS (version 8 or older) or running the iOS 10 beta (which I'm currently running).

When I upgraded to iOS 10, my banking app crashed every time, but they patched it within a day or two and it no longer crashes. My hope is that this is an issue that can simply be fixed by being up to date on the latest OS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carine O
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We have comtacted FFG and they are very eager to hear all the info when it crashes amd they are working on getting it fixed soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fruit Eating Bear
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crashed again for me tonight, this time on scenario 2. Once again I'd saved but nothing was clickable when I resumed. I've emailed their support, but it's kinda frustrating knowing that, as it currently stands, I have to do it all in one sitting. With the best will in the world, that's not going to happen on the 4-6 hour scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Report all to
softwaresupport@fantasyflightgames.com . Scenario, device, etc. All info helps. They have a awesome support in the software channel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carine O
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Update august 21st: since the app has been updated all our problems have been solved and we are absolutely loving the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.