Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

So, Rodney Smith just did a quick periscope preview of the app at Gencon, and yes, it looks and feels absolutely amazing.

I can't wait to play with it, I don't see myself playing the game with pen and paper anymore and please, PLEASE, every other publisher out there, please do the same with your own Hidden Movement games. It is waaaaaay easier. And I'm hoping that afterwards people can replay the game so the hunters can see how close they were and all that.

Here is the link, hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did: https://www.periscope.tv/w/1PlKQzrproVGE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
msg tools
mbmbmb
Love it! This will make me take this game out again - the rules were a bit too fiddly for us (esp bluejay), but this app changes everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow that looks seriously amazing! Can't wait to get the game back to the table with the app! So cool. Only thought is I wonder how it will look on a phone rather than a tablet? Will it be too small? (Not a massive problem as I have an older iPad, its just a bit slow and clunky).

Still, the app looks amazing, so slick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow this looks fantastic! Even better than I was expecting!

Cannot wait for this! Will revitalize the game for us.

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Little
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone know the price (if any)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
brendover wrote:
Anyone know the price (if any)?

No idea, but I'd more than happily pay a few pounds for that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
Sorry, what does the app do again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Replaces the movement sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:

Movement. And automation of quite a bit of mechanics...

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
clydeiii wrote:

Replaces the movement sheet.

I wonder what would stop someone from using this as a replacement for the game though. Almost seems like you could play the game on the app by passing back and forth. . .

Perhaps they will address that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way it is shown in this video you can not play the game passing the app back and forth, because the Agent's location is always visible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jmdgls wrote:
Love it! This will make me take this game out again - the rules were a bit too fiddly for us (esp bluejay), but this app changes everything!

Seriously? I admit there are occasions when I reach for the FAQ sheet but of all the hidden movement games I've tried so far (which is most of the major ones) this one makes the most sense to me. What's the problem with Blue Jay? Her only special ability is that you can complete objectives from 2 spaces away rather than just immediately adjacent.

Anyhoo, I think we're all agreed the app will be an awesome addition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks amazing, but the pass and play needs to be improved. The agent needs to remain hidden while the hunters finish their turn; an extra step is required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hazlewood
United Kingdom
Bromsgrove
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decar wrote:
This looks amazing, but the pass and play needs to be improved. The agent needs to remain hidden while the hunters finish their turn; an extra step is required.

Is it intended to be pass and play? I was under the impression it was a companion app for the agent to use instead of the sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Decar wrote:

The idea is not for the device to be passed around. Only the Agent will have the device in hand and use the app. He will keep track of other players movement while they are moving on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Starr
msg tools
Wow! I was expecting just the hidden movement sheet with a bit of interaction. This goes beyond that.

Honestly, with this much detail, I'm surprised this ISN'T a pass and play. It seems very simple to tweak (to make the agent hidden when not his/her turn), to make it work.

Though, if that's the case, then it needs to cost something, and I hope this is free, being a companion app.

Perhaps they could do a separate pass and play app in the future, or have it as an add on that you pay for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks so good! The only wishlist item I'm still hoping for is some way to "unlock" app versions of the promo equipment cards that shipped with physical preorders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abel Kim
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
Looks so good! The only wishlist item I'm still hoping for is some way to "unlock" app versions of the promo equipment cards that shipped with physical preorders.

You forgot to wish for a pass and play version too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dbriner31 wrote:
FreedomGunfire wrote:

You forgot to wish for a pass and play version too.

Not on my wishlist at all. Would much rather that extra dev work go into agent/hunter expansion packs for the physical game. Right, Emerson? :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Snider
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
BGG just put up a preview of the app too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBPb_jzCRgs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Really happy to hear that folks are excited for the app. Just wanted to answer some of the posts in the thread.

Promo Cards
The app is still in development. We do plan to put the promo cards into the app either in the initial release or in the first update.

App cost
When it comes to companion apps, you are correct that most are free. Generally when a free companion app is planned for a product, the cost for the app is part of the budget for the game's production or taken from the profits. In the case of Specter OPS, the development of the app is independent of F2Z entertainment and will (unfortunately) have a cost. We are tentatively planning a $2.99 cost for the app.

Pass & Play
The goal was to make a companion app to replace the movement sheet. We did put in more functionality than a simple replacement for the paper sheet. But we wanted to merely enhance the experience of the board game, not to replace it. That said, supporting local multiplayer through pass & play is straight forward to implement. It will put the app in a different context if it is capable of replacing the physical product. This will warrant a discussion with PHG/F2Z/Asmodee as Nazca Games only made them aware that a companion app was being developed. If there's enough demand for it, I will be happy to start the conversation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:
Generally when a free companion app is planned for a product, the cost for the app is part of the budget for the game's production or taken from the profits.

I wouldn't really agree with this way of looking at it. Generally, the companion app makes the game more popular and so increases sales, and so the cost is defrayed by the benefit of those extra sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:
We are tentatively planning a $2.99 cost for the app.

I'd happily pay that - thanks for the great work Emerson!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This app will be well worth $2.99. It's reasonable to charge a nominal fee for it since it is absolutely non-essential for the game and absolutely awesome to have just the same.

The game + the app is like an automobile + GPS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, Emerson. $2.99 is more than reasonable. (I'd expect to pay more than that for a replacement movement sheet pad once mine ran out, anyway.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.