$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
$30.00
Jonneh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally logged my first play of Dead of Winter: The Long Night. I love the component upgrades and I love the new features. I was a bit sad to see that the only thing the base game had to offer to combine was the characters and crossroads; because otherwise everything was the same but polished.

So when GenCon apparently announced a new expansion "Warring Colonies" and Plaidhat said at their booth that it required both the base game and the Long Night... I said HELL YES!~ Not only does this add even more replayability for both copies, but I'm super excited for a 5v5 colony showdown. This is the ultimate in nerd party games.

Seriously!!!

Sources:
https://twitter.com/WatchItPlayed/status/761333615359844352

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/4w7f6t/dead_of_...
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I took all the extra boards, zombie stand ins and stuff that was duplicated in both DoW and DoW:TLN and put it in the DoW box then put that box in my storage instead of the garbage when I made room in my board game collection shelves.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonneh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Glad I took all the extra boards, zombie stand ins and stuff that was duplicated in both DoW and DoW:TLN and put it in the DoW box then put that box in my storage instead of the garbage when I made room in my board game collection shelves.


Right? I'm pretty glad I hadn't combined mine yet. I do gotta say, this is a great use of standalone expansions too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lemieux
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was only planning on adding some of the main missions from Dead of Winter to Long Night, looking forward to more information on this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope this is not a big expansion like The Long Night. Even better if it is just a rule book with no extra components.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
Hope this is not a big expansion like The Long Night. Even better if it is just a rule book with no extra components.


From the photo it looks like a small size box, even though it is just a mock up. If it requires both base games to play theres no way that its another big box.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably just a bunch of cards (colony affiliation/colony goals) and new rules. That mock box in the picture was *tiny*.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Probably just a bunch of cards (colony affiliation/colony goals) and new rules. That mock box in the picture was *tiny*.

I think they still have room for about 10 more Survivors in their heirarchy...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonneh
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm expecting the box to have any upgrade components for the base game, and then scenarios and cards for the two teams to compete for.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They pulled out the box at their booth at GenCon and it wasn't very large. I assume it was a mockup, though. Don't know if it was final size.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frantic Ferret wrote:
They pulled out the box at their booth at GenCon and it wasn't very large. I assume it was a mockup, though. Don't know if it was final size.


Both Tailfeathers and Seafall mockup boxes in the past ended up being the actual size. The whole point of a mockup is to see how it will look on a shelf, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Finazzo
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XDarkAngelX wrote:
Both Tailfeathers and Seafall mockup boxes in the past ended up being the actual size. The whole point of a mockup is to see how it will look on a shelf, right?


Yes, didn't think about that. Should have snapped a pic but she hid it rather quickly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I uploaded "A Clash of Colonies," a variant article here on BGG yesterday (combining the Base Game to TLN) using 2 feuding colonies. It is currently being reviewed...hope it will show up soon. Be on the lookout for it....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.