Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stoffey
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
To the Mountain!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not asking the difference between EF1 and EF2. I'm asking the difference between EF2's V1 and V2. I've had EF1 for years and it is my #2 game, but I've decided it may be time to upgrade (some of the components on my copy and beginning to wear) and I'm curious what the difference between the two updated versions are. Additionally, could you play with, say, EF2V1 and Eurofront2V2 and Westfront2V2 or do they all need to be the same version of rules? Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My failing memory says it is just the rules, nothing component-wise. I do not know if I trust me on this, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The differences are very minor, rules rephrasings and clarifications mostly. You should have no trouble playing any version of EF2 with any version of WF2.

Note: EuF2 is the ultimate arbitrator of current XFront rules. Columbia does not want frequent updates of EF2/WF2, but EuF2, due to it's inherent breadth and depth, is updated more frequently.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stoffey
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
To the Mountain!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know. Thank you so much for your answers Craig, and thanks for creating what I consider to be one of the greatest games of all time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbesinque wrote:
The differences are very minor, rules rephrasings and clarifications mostly. You should have no trouble playing any version of EF2 with any version of WF2.

Note: EuF2 is the ultimate arbitrator of current XFront rules. Columbia does not want frequent updates of EF2/WF2, but EuF2, due to it's inherent breadth and depth, is updated more frequently.

Craig

By the way, what has happened to the Eurofront website? It seems to be down since weeks ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: EuF2 website
It's gone. Discontinued.
A lot of the stuff was salvaged and posted on BGG.
No plans to reintroduce another one (no need, BGG is where it's at).

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.