$60.00
$20.00
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just blew the dust off this one while removing it from the Stack Of Kickstarter Regret pile. I should give it a fair chance.

I do want to paint the figures though and being a slow painter, would like to pick some good match-ups to start with.

Any suggestions on teams that play well against each other ?

I don't have all the teams - I have the four base set team plus Cowboys, Barbarians, Goblins, Zombies, Hellcats, Klockworks and Ninjas missing Pirates, Lycantrope, Paragons, Valkyries, Warlock, Trolls and Samurais - hmmm, an odd show of KS restraint on my part... However, if a good match includes a team I don't have, I'm not adverse to buying more.

Maybe a similar question for Ringers - I have all the KS ones. Any suggestions where to start with them ? Which ones are more fun / valuable to play ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wann
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO the four I would choose are Cowboys, barbarians, vampires and daemons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M (Board Game Beacon)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Craig,

I've had numerous great games of Kaosball, in which each match offers something different, and different teams must adapt their tactics depending on who they're playing against.

(I have most of the teams but not Cowboys, Zombies, Hellcats, Klockworks, Warlocks and Samurais). If you don't have a particular team but would like to try them out I would suggest proxying.

Amazons v Barbarians is a matchup I haven't experienced yet but I imagine it would be a good one, with the Amazons' diagonal attack versus the Barbarians overall toughness in the face of being wounded.

Cowboys v Amazons would be a matchup I'd like to see.
Daemons v Paragons would be a good battle of evil v good(!)
Barbarians v Fangs would be a decent tough matchup.
Klockwerks v Paragons could have the potential for some explosive contests.

Out of the teams you don't have that I really like the Trolls and their ability to control large areas of the pitch with their trash. I also really like the Lycanthropes and their Shapeshift ability must be a real pain to play against. My daughter likes the Pirates as she can spend freely in the draft, then clock up as many fouls as she likes without punishment.

One team that is particularly divisive is the Goblins - they either give teams a thrashing or get thrashed themselves - in my limited experience of them they have never seen a fourth quarter of a match!

As for the Ringers, I would always suggest getting at least one Ringer as their ability to act as both a Runner and Bruiser can be a great advantage in itself.

T-Bone has really helped me out of a few jams against the attack-heavy teams, but is vulnerable to tackles. Biru Biru can actually be quite useful against attack-heavy teams too.

Panther is always useful as a ball carrier or for late runs into scoring zones, and Zorra can be great if positioned well.

Kutulu and M.A.Z.E. are both must-haves if they appear. I'm sure Gojira is too but he strangely hasn't appeared in any of my matches.

Of the new 2016 Ringers, I found Dis Assemble a total pain to play against, and Footie is an absolute must with his ability to receive hand-offs from anywhere - get him into an excellent position then lob the ball to him! Gnome Mercy can be pretty good at retaining the ball, while Hoots Mon gives you the ability to refresh your cards on each players turn - an underrated but massively powerful ability.

I hope this helps you a bit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.