$5.00
$30.00
$15.00
Ken C
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
I was quite disappointed to find the card-stock on the "Strange Spot" settlement event is different than that of the main game. This makes it stand out from the rest when shuffled into the settlement event deck. I submitted a support request at www.kingdomdeath.com but have received no reply.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? Did I just get a misprint or something? What are you guys doing to get around it / fix it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't notice it. Anyway. Usually I draw an event at random within the whole deck, without looking at them. So it shouldn't bother my group of players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Bellmore
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was noticeably bigger. You could definitely tell where it was in the deck. I have a table paper cutter so I used it to trimmed it down to the perfect size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, the Strange Spot card is slightly lighter than the other cards in the Settlement Event Deck. Folks have also noticed this on other decks such as the Hunt Event deck.

The best recommendation I've found is to shuffle and pull from the bottom rather than the top. Or fan and do a blind pick without looking at the tops as suggested by others. Finally, a random/roll using an online generator to do a d20 or d21 or d22 etc depending upon how many additional settlement events you have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken C
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
I took an exacto to mine and cut it down to the same size & shape as the other cards and it helped quite a bit. Much more difficult to pick out. You can still see it in the deck plain as day, but the big problem for us was people cutting the deck or pulling a random one out of the middle would often stop on it because of its unique texture.

I'm thinking I'll probably take an exacto to the new hunt events as well... sigh I don't know why KDM has such trouble matching cardstock. Probably there is a good reason, but I've also had this problem with all of the new pinup promo materials... sigh even the Vagabond armor set doesn't even have rounded corners! So annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.