Subject: Complete Decklists for the two Starters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is verified by pictures and video from TeamCovenant.

Cards marked with a * come with dice
Cards markes with _ are Unique
Staret Common Uncommon Rare

Rey **
Finn *

BB-8 *
F-11D *
Jedi Robes *
Rey's Staff *
Lightsaber *
Force Throw *
Aim
2 Awakening
Close Quaters Assault
Use The Force
Block
Dodge
Unpredictable
Heroism
Draw Attention
Take Cover

Let The Wookie Win
Daring Escap
Flank

Starship Graveyard .

3R 3U 6C 11S 1Reference
-----------------------------------------

Kylo Ren **
FO Stormtrooper *

FO TIE Fighter *
F-11D *
Immobilize *
Infantry Grenades *
Lightsaber *
Mindprobe *
Aim
2 Power Of The Dark Side
Close Quaters Assault
Use The Force
Block
Dodge
Disturbance In The Force
Enrage
Intimidate
Take Cover

The Best Defense
Nowhere To Run
Flank

Frozen Wastes .

4R 3U 6C 10S 1Reference
-----------------------------------------

You will need two starters each to get to max dice on all starter only cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That's disappointing as I already pre-ordered everything and only got 1 of each

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
cjpeach2004 wrote:

You've got 3 months to change your order. I believe in you. You can do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's too much!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cjpeach2004 wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it. Get the starters and some packs, make some new decks, and then decide where you are going with your decks. It may be that you don't want 2 of Finn's dice because he's not part of your final team. This isn't an LCG where you're expected to get a playset of everything. It's more like Magic where you just get a couple good decks put together. So if you need those dice, get the second copy of the starters, but don't jump into that if you're not sure if you'll use them or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the cards in there were mostly fixed cards...but from here I see that If Rey is rare she could be the rare card from a booster,right? IF so, that would be a disappointing booster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Unger
msg tools
Rey is Grey, Rey's staff however is rare...so ya...it would be disappointing...but that's CCGs for you. Frankly that's part of the fun, seeing what you will get out of the packs.

Duplicates happen... Also you can have 2 in your deck. (Supports, Events, Upgrades)

Although the suspected card in question is unique, so I'm pretty sure you'd only be able to have 1 in play at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
cjpeach2004 wrote:

I wouldn't worry about it. Get the starters and some packs, make some new decks, and then decide where you are going with your decks. It may be that you don't want 2 of Finn's dice because he's not part of your final team. This isn't an LCG where you're expected to get a playset of everything. It's more like Magic where you just get a couple good decks put together. So if you need those dice, get the second copy of the starters, but don't jump into that if you're not sure if you'll use them or not.

That's not really how my mind works with games. I am a completion-ist so if I cannot have everything I end up not getting anything. I have since amended my order. No biggy though. At this point I will have enough with what I have ordered to make TONS of "decks".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Notetleirs
msg tools
Than maybe this game isn't for you. That or prepare to spend a shit on of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fahzza wrote:
Rey is Grey, Rey's staff however is rare...so ya...it would be disappointing...but that's CCGs for you. Frankly that's part of the fun, seeing what you will get out of the packs.
[...]

I don't get it. Rey's staff is rare...but the starter set only has 1 die for Rey, one for Finn and another for BB8. I thought that the dice that comes in a booster is always associated to a rare? How is it done otherwise?

Or is it that no card in the starter can be the rare of the boosters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
fahzza wrote:
[...]

I don't get it. Rey's staff is rare...but the starter set only has 1 die for Rey, one for Finn and another for BB8. I thought that the dice that comes in a booster is always associated to a rare? How is it done otherwise?

Or is it that no card in the starter can be the rare of the boosters?

Reaver027 wrote:
Everything is verified by pictures and video from TeamCovenant.

Cards marked with a * come with dice
Cards markes with _ are Unique
Staret Common Uncommon Rare

Rey **
Finn *

BB-8 *
F-11D *
Jedi Robes *
Rey's Staff *
Lightsaber *
Force Throw *

It comes with a die. There are 9 dice in the starters, as OP said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. I missed the fact that there are 9 dice.

Well, saying that BB8 (or Jedi's robes or Rey's staff) is rare is incorrect. It is actually rare AND fixed. I would really hate to see those cards when opening a booster...specially since you might need two core sets (to have two Finn dice for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Unger
msg tools
Nushura wrote:
I see. I missed the fact that there are 9 dice.

Well, saying that BB8 (or Jedi's robes or Rey's staff) is rare is incorrect. It is actually rare AND fixed. I would really hate to see those cards when opening a booster...specially since you might need two core sets (to have two Finn dice for example).

No, its actually a slotted rare. It just happens to come in the starter box too. This is common in other CCGs like Magic the Gatherings intro decks. If you would hate to see cards you already have while opening boosters i'd recommend staying away from this type of game...or wait a bit when the game comes out and buy a complete set off Ebay or something.

Personally, I have 2 of each starter pre-ordered...and 2 booster boxes. I expect to have numerous duplicates, likely even triplicates of crap ill not use. i'm okay with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Seger
Germany
Saarland
flag msg tools
That's, sadly, how CCGs work, you're buying randomized packs, you don't know what you get util you've opened the booster. While you will get 4 copies of rare A you might get 0 copies of rare B.

Either try to get the cards you need by trading away cards you don't need, or buy singles on the secondary market. If you don't like this system, do yourself a favor and stay away from this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My point is: imagine you open boosters and get 73 times the same rare (say My Kind of Scum). You can call it bad luck but if you go online/to your gaming buddies you will find people wanting that card. Hopefully they have a card you want and you trade them. And doing this trading is a fun part of the CCG aspect.

Now, Imagine you get BB8 in a booster. Who will want that card? NO ONE because everyone that plays this game will have bought a starter pack (because of the fixed cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
In order for some cards to be good, some cards have to be bad.

In order for some cards to be desirable, others have to be undesirable.

No one is going to want to open the starter deck rares in their booster packs. No one is going to be able to trade those cards away. But that's part of the CCG world. You forget about all the times you opened a crap rare as soon as you open that sweet, sweet Purple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:

Now, Imagine you get BB8 in a booster. Who will want that card? NO ONE because everyone that plays this game will have bought a starter pack (because of the fixed cards).

While he might not be as desirable, if you are tuning a deck for competitive play and if he is good enough to include there is a good chance you will want to include 2 so you get him out and have access to his die asap. Also if you are running multiple decks it will be nice not to have to switch them constantly. So yes the fixed starter rares aren't going to light the trade world on fire they are not going to be worthless to trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BC Wendel
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:

You can give it away to a Trick or Treater on Halloween!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven T
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinMask wrote:
Nushura wrote:

Now this is a real trick and not a treat ;-)

anyway, why would you need two starter boxes for Kylo to get all dice? He comes with two dice already and the stormtrooper can be found in boosters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Peach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Severon wrote:
KevinMask wrote:
Nushura wrote:

Now this is a real trick and not a treat ;-)

anyway, why would you need two starter boxes for Kylo to get all dice? He comes with two dice already and the stormtrooper can be found in boosters.

Because a ton of other cards are starter only and some have dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Accident Gamer
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Severon wrote:

The only reason I can think of (if you also bought the Rey starter) is for a second Mindprobe. Or if you wanted to build a 4xFOST team it might be the easiest way to get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries - cards from the starter decks won't be in the booster packs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barbarianprince wrote:
No worries - cards from the starter decks won't be in the booster packs

Where did you get that from? It seems that MANY cards (including the rare ones) will be in boosters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Piedmont
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaver027 wrote:

You will need two starters each to get to max dice on all starter only cards.

I'm confused as to why you would need multiples of the same starter pack -or are you just saying you need to buy both starter packs?

Are there cards in the stater pack that can use 2 dice but you only get 1?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gonzomonkey wrote:

Are there cards in the stater pack that can use 2 dice but you only get 1?

Yes, pretty much anything that is fixed and has dice (except kylo and rey since they come with 2 dice). A simple example is Finn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.