eric kovatchitch
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Destiny’s Recipe calls for you once more

KinSoul Studio’s first board game offering, Alkemia, hits Kickstarter again on August 4, 2016 from September 3, 2016
Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/827090433/alkemia-desti...

KinSoul Studio, a designing team located in Ithaca and Utica, NY, takes to Kickstarter once more with the improved relaunch of Alkemia: Destiny’s Recipe. With over 100 play testers ranging from patrons at local game stores to our registered players at various conventions including Gen Con; Alkemia’s history is over 3 years in the making. There are many new offerings to look forward to in our relaunched campaign such as hand crafted character pieces and token bags, a redesigned gameplay experience, more hand drawn components, and more!

The Crest of Creation beckons you, budding alchemist

Welcome to a land where creation is but a simple step away from ingenuity plus a few simple resources imbued with ancient alchemy -- this is Alkemia. Prepare to harness the primal art of alchemy by joining the ranks of the creators who have been shaping and reforming the raw land of Alkemia into a thriving livelihood that is centered on a grand city of alchemy deemed Crasis. Governed by a circle of seers and a single Grand Alchemist, who wields boundless talent and protects the ancient secrets of the Greater Elemental Spirits, Crasis now seeks its next Grand Alchemist, who will be one of the few alchemists attempting to prove their abilities by synthesizing the legendary Crest of Creation. This crest, a fabled mysticism documented to usher the golden age of alchemy and balance, can only be crafted by one skilled alchemist able to harness the five elements of earth, fire, water, air, and ether, using both natural and manufactured resources.

Take to the urban bazaars and elemental wilds of a land that is enriched by the power of alchemy blessed by the elements. Players can look forward to managing organic resources as one of six characters to craft powerful items in a race to become the Grand Alchemist. First, harvest the Foraging Fields to gather your base reagents and collect recipes used to craft items; then, alchemists will combine their base reagents to synthesize items from their recipes – all with usable effects aimed to both assist the creator and to hinder competitors.
Players will ultimately quell everything at their disposal to create their own legendary Crest of Creation by uncovering a randomly generated recipe gained through playing, which will lead the most skilled alchemist to victory. Do you have what it takes to be worthy of the Crest of Creation? Be prepared, for Destiny’s recipe calls for you.

Number of Players
2-6

Time Required
About 20 minutes per player

Recommended ages

14+

Get in touch with us!
Official Website: http://www.kinsoulstudio.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kinsoulstudio.alkemia/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Kinsoul_Studio
Board Game Geek: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/178442/alkemia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Einheber
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I'm impressed by how balanced it seems and how the core gameplay escalates while remaining varied with the unique item/reagent powers, roaming beast and board layout. Can't wait to try it! If you're on the fence about backing, I definitely recommend watching the gameplay video and reading the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why the relaunch? What happened the first time?

I feel like those are important to include information on if you are willing to admit it's a relaunch. Lessons learned and all that jazz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric kovatchitch
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Good question @Will Martin! If you check out our page and look at the "state of the project" section you will find some information about why we chose to relaunch.

Essentially, during our last campaign, we received a lot of feedback regarding the sheer amount of content that our game was offering at the time and that it needed to be streamlined to accommodate a wider audience (some reviewers noted it was almost like a game + 3 expansions worth of content). We have since trimmed a lot of non-essential content.

This in turn, allowed us to address our second issue which was the high funding price (at about 36000, which we understand is a rather high point for a company's first offering). Since we cut down on some components, this allowed us to lower the funding goal.

Lastly, during our last campaign we were still waiting on some crucial art and graphic layouts (character sheets, rule book, etc.) and were not able to represent them visually in our campaign.

I hope this answers your question a bit more, and I plan to update the "state of the project" section with a little more detail reflected here. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinsoul Studio wrote:
Good question @Will Martin! If you check out our page and look at the "state of the project" section you will find some information about why we chose to relaunch.

Essentially, during our last campaign, we received a lot of feedback regarding the sheer amount of content that our game was offering at the time and that it needed to be streamlined to accommodate a wider audience (some reviewers noted it was almost like a game + 3 expansions worth of content). We have since trimmed a lot of non-essential content.

This in turn, allowed us to address our second issue which was the high funding price (at about 36000, which we understand is a rather high point for a company's first offering). Since we cut down on some components, this allowed us to lower the funding goal.

Lastly, during our last campaign we were still waiting on some crucial art and graphic layouts (character sheets, rule book, etc.) and were not able to represent them visually in our campaign.

I hope this answers your question a bit more, and I plan to update the "state of the project" section with a little more detail reflected here. Thanks

That was EXACTLY what I was looking for, thank you.

I am always trigger shy of relaunches that don't have really clear reasons why they relaunched, lest it be a "Oh we just want to try to make the same mistake again".

I appreciate the honesty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David E
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious if you are familiar with Cauldron and can compare them? They seem outwardly very similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric kovatchitch
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
David -

I am familiar with that game, however I have never played it. It actually ran on Kickstarter a few months before our first campaign did and I remember noticing a few similarities - namely just the overall alchemy theme of the game and the hex gathering field. Beyond those general concepts, the games vary from what I can gather from their KS page.

A large part of Alkemia is the journey of individual discovery where each player unveils a unique winning recipe by gathering from a large pool of elemental resources (80x2 unique cards within 10 broad categories) to synthesize usable items (32x2 unique items within 4 broad categories). There are many creative ways all of these things can be used depending on player tactics.

We have our full rule book (as well as a full playthrough video) posted on our project page, so feel free to give it a read and if you have played Cauldron, let us know what you think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric kovatchitch
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
For those following the project - we just our video preview from Board Game Brawl in as well that is now posted on the page. Check it out to get a deeper look at some of our components and mechanisms

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric kovatchitch
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
new exclusive custom die added to the campaign for all KS copies. Check it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric kovatchitch
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Alkemia has entered its final 24 hours and the game is 91% funded! I would like to invite anyone to check out the project in its final day to see if it is the game for you. Thanks for all of the continued support and we will see you there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.