Subject: Barrier Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Fellow gamers. I got this wonderful game last night and doing first scenario. My question is as an action I moved a barrier against a door. (I didn't see how to make this happen on app so I just spent the action then did it on tile. On mythos phase it says a monster comes through the door and attacks the first investigator with lowest health.

My question is doesn't the barrier stop the monster from actually moving though and doesn't it have to attack the barrier first? How do you make the app know this or do I just dismiss what app says and instead have the monster attack the barrier?

Any help would be appreciated as kind of confused on that. Also when taking damage or horror. I look at the back of the card correct so I know what to do or do I leave it face down until otherwise noted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
sithknight19 wrote:
Hello Fellow gamers. I got this wonderful game last night and doing first scenario. My question is as an action I moved a barrier against a door. (I didn't see how to make this happen on app so I just spent the action then did it on tile. On mythos phase it says a monster comes through the door and attacks the first investigator with lowest health.

My question is doesn't the barrier stop the monster from actually moving though and doesn't it have to attack the barrier first? How do you make the app know this or do I just dismiss what app says and instead have the monster attack the barrier?

Any help would be appreciated as kind of confused on that. Also when taking damage or horror. I look at the back of the card correct so I know what to do or do I leave it face down until otherwise noted?

You need to have a read of the Barricade section of the Rules Reference (page 5). That would be a good first step.

This thread should help as well.
How do Barricades work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barricades are considered a "Feature" and do not require the app to be used (pg 9 RRG).

In this case you would have the monster first try to make it through the barricade (pg 5 RRG, 4th bullet point under Barricade). If the monster is successful it continues with whatever action the app is saying it should make. If it is unsuccessful it stays where it is.

EDIT: ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't make the app know this, it is all done on the board. The App doesn't keep track of where anyone (investigator or monster) is. In the rules reference guide for Barriers, it explains how to handle when a monster tries to move into a space blocked by a barrier (basically does a strength test first using it's brawn. With 2 or more successes it destroys the barrier and continues moving as normal. If it fails, then the monster's movement stops)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy dimichina

vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
perfect thanks so much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morgan
United Kingdom
Grays
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also remember if it says the monster moves to an investigator within range it wouldn't move through a door, range doesn't get counted through doors, most monsters then have a secondary action which is move towards the nearest investigator without the mention of "within range"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Martin
United States
Ellicott City
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Details: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23379552#23379552

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.