$35.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

London Dread» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where does it say to distribute the investigation deck in the end game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Pitzer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm reading over the rules I got at Gencon and it talks about how the investigation cards were distributed among the players.

I cannot find where it says to do this in the rules and therefore how to do it. Do you deal them out evenly to players? Are they one big pool for all the players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Adam,

Thank you for the question. Yes, you deal them out evenly among the players.

It should of course have been in the rulebook.

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pitzer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome, thanks! I figured that there was a better than average chance I was blind or going crazy.

Similarly, I couldn't find where it said to give each play 1 die to start the endgame. Is it 1 die per player normally?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, always one die per player.

Asger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came here specifically to ask about this. I also played at Gen Con and was wondering where this was in the rules.

Also, do the players lose if they hit 50 Dread? I didn't see it anywhere, but I would assume so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, 50 Dread and you're dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

I have to say, it seems like there was a paragraph left out of the Endgame Setup section. It shows a handful of Confidence cards and a die in the picture, but it doesn't mention either of those in that section. As the OP said, it says that these things already have happened later in the rulebook (in an example and in the explanation for alterations in the 2 player game), but it never actually says to do them. I feel like this could be very confusing to players who haven't played the game before.

Similarly, I'm pretty sure it doesn't mention losing from 50 Dread. I could be wrong.

Is it possible that the rulebook will be edited for future printings?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pitzer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miller4h9 wrote:
Thank you!

I have to say, it seems like there was a paragraph left out of the Endgame Setup section. It shows a handful of Confidence cards and a die in the picture, but it doesn't mention either of those in that section. As the OP said, it says that these things already have happened later in the rulebook (in an example and in the explanation for alterations in the 2 player game), but it never actually says to do them. I feel like this could be very confusing to players who haven't played the game before.

Similarly, I'm pretty sure it doesn't mention losing from 50 Dread. I could be wrong.

Is it possible that the rulebook will be edited for future printings?

Or possibly an FAQ/errata document that adds the paragraph and answers common questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
We do our best to catch everything before the game goes to print but sadly we sometimes miss things.

We will absolutely post an FAQ and will update it as needed (I am submitting it today actually). And as we are all gamers, we are on BGG frequently so we will monitor the forums to make sure we can answer your questions as they arise.

And of course as long as the demand for our game is there, we will print more copies and attempt to make each future version clearer for the players.

Thank you all for your interest and support!

-Josh
Grey Fox Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might I also suggest explaining the difference between setting up chapter 1 and chapter 2?

I assume that chapter 2 setup is only steps 14 and 15 of the game setup on page 4, but it would be nice if it was clearer. I also assume that investigation cards accumulated during chapter 1 stay in the investigation deck box during chapter 2 (all kept for endgame)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Regarding the investigation deck distribution, what is your recommendation for an uneven number of cards? We played last night, where four investigators were trying to divide six cards. The difference between one and two cards is significant! With it being a cooperative game, I am sure the answer is letting the "team" decide, but I hope there is some suggestion for occasions when the "team" cannot come to an agreement.

Also, on the topic of distributions, when obtaining items from plot cards, are the items rewarded distributed between all players involved in the success? And is there a suggestion on distribution here? Since no character is "better" at using certain items than any other character, it seems like everyone has the same need for every card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Maththew!

Thank you for the questions.

1: When distributing the Investigation deck. Begin with the Investigation Leader (the one keeping track of time in the Story Phase) and deal clockwise one card at a time till the deck runs out.

2: Whenever you gain resources from a Plot card (Items or Virtue tokens in the base game) they must be distributed equally among the characters present at the Plot card. So if 2 Characters gain 2 items, they must gain 1 each. You are, however, allowed to draw both Items before deciding who will take what.

Happy gaming and good luck!

Asger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Thirst
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
Do you play them as a "hand" at this point or still face down, flipping one at a time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Johansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You play them as a "hand".

Asger
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.