Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115616/ai-opponents-v...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one page per fighter plus a couple more on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another player runs the boss character in all cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rowder
msg tools
tankbard wrote:

Any AI mode for Fate and War?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Crouch
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Frankly, when I really want to play solo, I just shuffle & random draw each round. The "opponent" is pretty dumb, but can pull off some impressively surprising moves!
I make an algorithmic rule around anteing, or, if it's a total clincher, retroactively ante what a reasonably smart player *would* have done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rowder
msg tools
trickyc66 wrote:
Frankly, when I really want to play solo, I just shuffle & random draw each round. The "opponent" is pretty dumb, but can pull off some impressively surprising moves!
I make an algorithmic rule around anteing, or, if it's a total clincher, retroactively ante what a reasonably smart player *would* have done.

Same here, but since there is a AI guide, i will try it someday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on putting a little something together based on this work, but I'm struggling with how to actually design the base selection well. So it'll take some time while I experiment with things.

A rudimentary way to run an AI without these tables is as follows:

* Every beat if the AI is tied on Life or ahead, it picks two Bases and a Style. Otherwise, it picks three Bases and a Style.
* The AI chooses the best of its Bases, in combination with the Style, after seeing your attack pair, as follows: If it can trade positively with you, it will. Otherwise, if it chose a Dash, it will use it (Special Dash if you're playing with Force Gauge). Otherwise, it will try to clash with you (and it will pick clash Bases randomly). Otherwise, it will choose randomly from the Bases it draw.
* Resolve the beat as normal. The AI acts as intelligently as you can make it act.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any of your tried Tobor the AI bot? I guess having AI for each character is pretty cool and I'd like to try it out, but if you want to just learn how to use various characters, Tobor might be able to help. https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/86010/character-solo-mode...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
Have any of your tried Tobor the AI bot? I guess having AI for each character is pretty cool and I'd like to try it out, but if you want to just learn how to use various characters, Tobor might be able to help. https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/86010/character-solo-mode...

Tobor is rough. He kicks my ass every time.

Could just be that I'm still pretty terrible at BattleCON though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rowder
msg tools
maa7895 wrote:
tankbard wrote:

Any AI mode for Fate and War?

Bumpz

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.