Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Carson
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This was the only issue that I had with the game, but I wanted to make sure I am not missing something.

Why would I sacrifice action cards if 3 come from the common pool? I am just removing from my cards and changes.

Strategy:
Raider used a lot of ship cards to get return his ship to the dock. He is now down to three cards. Odds are he doesn't have many other ship cards. Each player against him lays a ship card. 3 ships and he defends with 0 ships.

This is the only way I can see it being used if players maximize effort in one column type.

Thoughts? Opinions? Am I missing something?

Had a great first game last night, the same day it arrived.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's also a way to discard a not useful card for you, as you draw back right after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
haplo92 wrote:
that's also a way to discard a not useful card for you, as you draw back right after.

Yes, exactly. This mechanism works both as a "take that" element to the game (you can try to deduce what card will hurt a player the most, instead of letting the random draw decide), but mostly it's there to allow you to get a replacement card in preparation for your turn. Which is why, for the most part, it makes sense to get rid of a card that you know you're not going to do anything with - especially if you're the next player in line.

Once everybody takes a card from the offer, it's refilled again, so it's almost like two replacements of the offer for free, which allows you to get some new cards on the board if it's been stuck for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.