Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preorders already got in for Canadian preorders. So should be any day now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gilford wrote:
Thanks

Just got word back, it's not to release til Aug 29th

ah... the wait

I got my copy last week. I ordered directly from Plaidhat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gilford wrote:
Hum... Canadian store says not allowed to release til 29th

I did not get it from a Canadian store, local or online. I ordered it directly from PlaidHatGames.com and THEY shipped it to me. Maybe they shipped out a limited amount? I have no clue, I do not really pay much attention to release dates when I pre-order stuff. It's always a nice surprise when I get a game in the mail. Had no idea it was so far from release. I 'assumed' since it was being sold at GenCon that they had started shipping them out as well.

I had the same thing happen when I pre-ordered the new Ashes Phoenixborns, I received them about 1 week before the release date. My friend ordered through BoardGameBliss and his shipped on the day of release. I ordered from PHG.com and got it early. I did the same thing for SeaFall and the next 2 Phoenixborns, I pre-orderd from PHG.com. No clue if I'll get those ones a bit before their release date.

I order from them directly, even with the exchange rate, because I love the company so want to support them directly as well as get the Promos. In the case of Ashes, I get a Promo PB, in the instance of DoW I got Rich Sommer (not sure if online/local game stores ship it with their copies?) and for SeaFall I get a 'free' set of metal coins that will be in retail later for $40 I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny thing is, I've had it for over a week now and have only got as far as to take the shrink wrap off, it's not even punched yet or played. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
From the PlaidHat store:
Quote:
This product is temporarily out of stock, but will be back August 26 on The Long Night's official release date.

Not sure why they're holding off release if they've already got the shipments to ship out to pre-orders, AND pre-sell at both Origins and Gen-con. I wonder what exactly sitting on the product for two more weeks gets them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they sold out of pre orders and will have another shipment in by the 26th? I know quite a few people have already received their copies (there is a thread of other Canadians who have had theirs for a couple of weeks like me) plus they sold some at GenCon. And from this forums it seems other countries have received their pre orders as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
Cult of the Ultra-New
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
Maybe they sold out of pre orders and will have another shipment in by the 26th? I know quite a few people have already received their copies (there is a thread of other Canadians who have had theirs for a couple of weeks like me) plus they sold some at GenCon. And from this forums it seems other countries have received their pre orders as well.

I think that just pisses off the retail outlets and other supporters like me. I preordered in the store and they're not allowed to sell while the freaking thing has been out for a while. What would video gamers say if the next big game was available to be downloaded online directly from the publisher weeks before EBGames got them? You know how big of a stink that would be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
projectmoonlightcafe wrote:
ParisPink wrote:

I think that just pisses off the retail outlets and other supporters like me. I preordered in the store and they're not allowed to sell while the freaking thing has been out for a while. What would video gamers say if the next big game was available to be downloaded online directly from the publisher weeks before EBGames got them? You know how big of a stink that would be?

its great that you're supporting your local game store. I supported Plaid Hat Games by preordering from them. That means they make more profit, because they are keeping the markup price. They thank me by shipping to me on the first batch of games that they can.

You had that option, too. Why is it so angering?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex nichols
United States
Fairview
Oregon
flag msg tools
I live in Portland, OR saw this sitting on a store shelf today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.