Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Thank you board game industry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LukeTDG wrote:
I am guessing, you could probably make more money doing something else.


Actually, you can make more money doing nothing at all.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compter
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Actually, you can make more money doing nothing at all.


But it wouldn't be nearly as fun.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
There's no simple explanation for anything important any of us do, and yeah the human tragedy consists of the necessity of living with the consequences, under pressure, under pressure. -Courage (For Hugh Maclennan): The Tragically Hip
badge
We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream. -Gift Shop: The Tragically Hip
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
LukeTDG wrote:
I am guessing, you could probably make more money doing something else.


Actually, you can make more money doing nothing at all.


How do you make money by doing nothing? My guidance counselor never mentioned that career path to me.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maximuss wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
LukeTDG wrote:
I am guessing, you could probably make more money doing something else.


Actually, you can make more money doing nothing at all.


How do you make money by doing nothing? My guidance counselor never mentioned that career path to me.


Because you often lose money working in gaming. Net 0 is more than net negative.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Maximuss wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
LukeTDG wrote:
I am guessing, you could probably make more money doing something else.


Actually, you can make more money doing nothing at all.


How do you make money by doing nothing? My guidance counselor never mentioned that career path to me.


Because you often lose money working in gaming. Net 0 is more than net negative.
You may lose less money, but you don't make more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
Maximuss wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
LukeTDG wrote:
I am guessing, you could probably make more money doing something else.


Actually, you can make more money doing nothing at all.


How do you make money by doing nothing? My guidance counselor never mentioned that career path to me.


Because you often lose money working in gaming. Net 0 is more than net negative.
You may lose less money, but you don't make more.


You absolutely do. If you put the money you would have lost making board games in a bank account the interest would be phenomenally more then losing it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
SANJURO: You're all tough, then? GAMBLER: What? Kill me if you can! SANJURO: It'll hurt.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Thunkd wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
Maximuss wrote:
Geosphere wrote:
LukeTDG wrote:
I am guessing, you could probably make more money doing something else.


Actually, you can make more money doing nothing at all.


How do you make money by doing nothing? My guidance counselor never mentioned that career path to me.


Because you often lose money working in gaming. Net 0 is more than net negative.
You may lose less money, but you don't make more.


You absolutely do. If you put the money you would have lost making board games in a bank account the interest would be phenomenally more then losing it.

Oh. A bank account. No wonder my "strippers and cocaine" investment plan did worse than Avalon Hill's profit margins.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.