Subject: Are the rules for Taiheiki different from WOJ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Kirsipuu
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One Japanese gamer has wrote on the Taiheiki forum that some of the rules in Taiheiki are different from the WOJ (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1586440/if-you-have-woj).

For example he has stated that the movement rules are different. Moving form A to B does not block the movement form B to A. In other words the first movement does not block the border. He has also stated that the neutral samurai setup is completely different. Its seams to me these rules significantly change the gameplay.

Can anyone comment om this issue? Are the rules really different and if so where can one obtain the original Taiheiki rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin, can you give us some background with regard to what are the original Taiheiki rules? Where can we find them? How does it relate to WoJ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kirsipuu
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lawrence

Please look at the link which I provided. BGG user Takeshi Sakurai explains on the Taiheiki forum that the rules for Taiheiki are different from WOJ. He gives many examples. I am also eager to find the original rules. I would really appreciate if the MMP designer would give us his view on this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.