1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » News

Subject: app announced at GenCon! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
As per subject, a companion app as done for Descent and Mansions is under development!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an interesting bit of news.

I take it this is from FFG themselves?

For ages now I have been wanting to get into this game but have held back as I would have no way to rustle up a face-to-face opponent(s).

Hopefully. more details re: this announcement will be forthcoming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be able to play IA 10x as often
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
dougposkitt wrote:
I take it this is from FFG themselves?

Yup, I'm following the InFlight report via twitter and it's stated on their channel

EDIT: link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait! This will be awesome. Even more use for my huge SWIA collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
Can't wait! This will be awesome. Even more use for my huge SWIA collection.

Agreed It was quite in the air tho: considering the success of Road to Legend, able to give new life to Descent 2nd (forums bursted in new activity after the release), they couldn't do the same for IA

It's an interesting moment in boardgame history: apps are a thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
modern life
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to be able to thumbs up this news a lot more than once!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They tweeted it too:

Invalid tweet.

(but of course Julia beat my post by a hair )

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
They tweeted it too:

Invalid tweet.

-shnar

Years in the trench taught me to be a sniper *blows smoke off her gun*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destrio Dai
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wait begins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
As per subject, a companion app as done for Descent and Mansions is under development!

BTW, Are all of these games still playable without the app? Will the upcoming DOOM have an app as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
shnar wrote:
They tweeted it too:

Invalid tweet.

-shnar

Years in the trench taught me to be a sniper *blows smoke off her gun*

Ooh! Tons of cool stuff for IA! It's all going to be good--especially with the app!

Julia (or anyone)--is there a live stream of the InFlight report happening anywhere? Too bad if not--they've got the Twitch channel and all, sitting unused right now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

BTW, Are all of these games still playable without the app? Will the upcoming DOOM have an app as well?

Hugely excited for this!

And I believe that it was explicitly stated that Doom will not have an app, at least at launch. The fact that Descent sales tripled when the app came out though, that may make them pivot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

They sure are. Apps for IA and Descent are just something extra, allowing for a different experience, but games are still 100% playable without the app.

The only two FFG games you can't play without the app are XCom and Mansions of Madness 2nd edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
Invictus5000 wrote:
Julia (or anyone)--is there a live stream of the InFlight report happening anywhere? Too bad if not--they've got the Twitch channel and all, sitting unused right now...

The complete stream of news is on Twitter (link)

Zach from TeamCovenant was there, so, if they do what they did last year, there should be a videostream on their channel in a few hours
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This might allow this to actually come out for me now! Nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Troutman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
YES. I love RAIV, but I am ALL IN on an app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericdrum wrote:
The fact that Descent sales tripled when the app came out though, that may make them pivot.

Is this a fact or conjecture? I really hope this is true as Descent looked to be on its last legs, in terms of content release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
I assume no ETA was mentioned? I can't imagine it being too much work as the game is very similar to Descent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
NinjaGigolo wrote:
I assume no ETA was mentioned? I can't imagine it being too much work as the game is very similar to Descent

Only the "working on it" and "next year" were mentioned. I wouldn't hold my breath, just keep breathing normally and often.

Imperial Assault is not that similar to Descent. The campaign structure is different, the activations alternate, the actions and abilities are different. They have a tile system in common.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Christensen
United States
SLC
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
ericdrum wrote:
The fact that Descent sales tripled when the app came out though, that may make them pivot.

Is this a fact or conjecture? I really hope this is true as Descent looked to be on its last legs, in terms of content release.

It was on one of their slides in the GenCon presentation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Houston
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmb
a1bert wrote:
NinjaGigolo wrote:

Only the "working on it" and "next year" were mentioned. I wouldn't hold my breath, just keep breathing normally and often.

Imperial Assault is not that similar to Descent. The campaign structure is different, the activations alternate, the actions and abilities are different. They have a tile system in common.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
Please give us the music and scroll before the mission. That would be awesome!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
NinjaGigolo wrote:

The activations also alternate in Descent's Road to Legend. They changed it for the app compared to the board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.