tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing, Mansions works so well. I can not wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
excellent!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that leaves me with zero reasons not to own ALL of the IA expansions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:

Except the stormtrooper packgulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Krumlauf
United States
California
flag msg tools
F***, I just posted on a Mansions of Madness thread how the price increase had kept me from buying all the expansions because they were no longer in my compulsive purchase zone.

Now this.

Guess I'll be placing some orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
As a solo only gamer I absolutely love app integration. It's the perfect gaming experience in my opinion. Best of both worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Tweet deleted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Dacula
Georgia
msg tools
I have not played this game, because I have been waiting for a coop Star Wars game. Coop is preferred by my group, and I love solo games as well. The announcement of a coop app has me really excited.
Do you think I can purchase this game now, or will there be a second edition like Mansions of Madness? I would love to grab it to start learning, since there are solo variants on BGG. Just don't want to jump the gun, and find out I need a second edition. Any advice would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Pratt
Australia
Hervey Bay
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally. I would buy IA today if I knew that a second edition wasn't needed. Know it seems unlikely (with Jabba stuff announced) but I do have the worst timing for buying games right before FFG scraps the lot and starts again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
5th May 2018
badge
Guh?
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't see a second edition of IA coming out for a good few years yet so I would pick it up now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we as for a function to prevent multiple threads on the same topic? whistle

On a serious note, I look forward to the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah. Not seeing this tweet either in their feeed. Maybe someone jumped the gun. Also wonder if the app treds on Disney's exclusive deal with EA for all Star Wars digital games in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rodriguez
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do these apps do just an AI for skirmishing or do they allow you to play the campaigns cooperatively?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Descent one is clearly for Campaign as there is no Skirmish mode there. IA would probably be the same, as a Skirmish AI wouldn't be terribly interesting, given it could be easily gamed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GTRock wrote:
Do you think I can purchase this game now, or will there be a second edition like Mansions of Madness? I would love to grab it to start learning, since there are solo variants on BGG. Just don't want to jump the gun, and find out I need a second edition. Any advice would be appreciated.

I can tell you, with 100% certainty and zero factual evidence, you will not need to wait for a second edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastiaan Kuijs
msg tools
inaholeintheground wrote:
The Boilerman wrote:

Except the stormtrooper packgulp

That pack actually has some fun card with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Tadley
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super excited about IA campaign APP.

But if they could reuse some of the work they have done on battle lore command and cover the skirmish aspect of IA then my mind will be totally blown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
YES!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Wilgus
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Glory be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tidalick wrote:
Totally. I would buy IA today if I knew that a second edition wasn't needed. Know it seems unlikely (with Jabba stuff announced) but I do have the worst timing for buying games right before FFG scraps the lot and starts again.

I'm not sure if this game will ever get a second edition; Descent 2e hasn't even finished integrating all of IA's advancements into itself. IA is great as it is, and it's not easy to resell gamers all of these licensed expansions over again for a similar game. FFG will probably support this game as-is for several more years before eventually just moving on to another Star Wars game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Regan
msg tools
I could totally see them going the Mansions of Madness 2nd route: You will need to buy a new 2nd ed. copy of IA, but all the expansions will work and there will be a conversion kit to use components from the 1st ed. In the end they would be making you buy another $100 game. Or they could do something like War of the Ring. Already own the second edition? Great! you only need to buy the conversion kit for ~$20. I really hope they go that route. They should let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crashmonkey wrote:
I could totally see them going the Mansions of Madness 2nd route: You will need to buy a new 2nd ed. copy of IA, but all the expansions will work and there will be a conversion kit to use components from the 1st ed. In the end they would be making you buy another $100 game. Or they could do something like War of the Ring. Already own the second edition? Great! you only need to buy the conversion kit for ~$20. I really hope they go that route. They should let us know.

WHY?! That sounds absolutely awful. There is no possible way they do IA second edition. Zero, none, nada. Not gonna happen. And why on earth would you want them to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Regan
msg tools
kelann08 wrote:
crashmonkey wrote:

WHY?! That sounds absolutely awful. There is no possible way they do IA second edition. Zero, none, nada. Not gonna happen. And why on earth would you want them to?

I don't want them to, not at all. They may just look at it and see $$$. Producing the app for free gets them what? Producing the app, selling it to you with must have items makes money. What do they get if they give the app away without some new requirement to purchase something? If it is only usable with what you already have, they don't make any money from it. Unless of course it spurs new sales, as I believe someone said it did for Descent 2.0. They referenced MoM 2nd, so it isn't an unprecedented idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
crashmonkey wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
crashmonkey wrote:

I don't want them to, not at all. They may just look at it and see $$$. Producing the app for free gets them what? Producing the app, selling it to you with must have items makes money. What do they get if they give the app away without some new requirement to purchase something? If it is only usable with what you already have, they don't make any money from it. Unless of course it spurs new sales, as I believe someone said it did for Descent 2.0. They referenced MoM 2nd, so it isn't an unprecedented idea.

Both Descent 2nd and IA are actively releasing content. MoM had not released content for over three years when second edition came out. We also know IA and Descent are easily merged into the app, MoM needed dramatic redesign and releasing an app with no base game would not have worked. There will not a be an IA second edition to purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.