Subject: Proxy Forbidden Alchemy Tiles? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 1st ed and Call of the Wild so I can easily port all of those over but I don't have Forbidden Alchemy. I can easily proxy the investigators and the monsters, but what about the map tiles?

I'm worried that if I check off that I have it and it shows up during a playthrough I won't be able to put it out/substitute it. But if I don't tick off that I have it, I can't use the FA investigators?

Is there any workaround?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is an "all or nothing" so you have to check it off in order to have the investigators and monsters... for map tiles the best suggestion I have is just have some paper and a pencil handy. When an FA tile comes up, just draw out a quick sketch of it and use that as a proxy. It won't look pretty but it will serve the purpose for whenever a tile shows up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/761615087585067009

Proxy no more! Just send cash to FFG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
*starts singing A-Ha*

Take my money
(take money)
Taaaaaake it aaaaaaaaaall,
(take money)
I'll beeeeee brooooooooke,
if this goes ooooooooooooooooooooooon ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can easily proxy any map tiles with those already in the game. Ignoring the artwork, the functionality of each tile is only its spaces, walls, and doors. Simply find a tile with the same number of spaces (typically 2 for small tiles, 4 for medium tiles) and roughly the same number of doors (remember you can fix that as needed by wall and door tokens) and you are good to go.

If all else fails, you can take a piece of paper and a pencil and draw the room...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solution - Play it on Steam. Whenever a tile appears you do not own click OK, then take a screenshot. Crop this to just show the tile, drop it into a program like Word, set the dimensions to the same as the other tiles in your collection that match it, print it out via a colour printer, glue onto some card, cut out.

Done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
kniknax wrote:
Solution - Play it on Steam. Whenever a tile appears you do not own click OK, then take a screenshot. Crop this to just show the tile, drop it into a program like Word, set the dimensions to the same as the other tiles in your collection that match it, print it out via a colour printer, glue onto some card, cut out.

Done

"Pause game for half an hour while you do all this..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
kniknax wrote:

Done

Assets can also be extracted from the app directly... but this is a bit complicated and I'm not sure I want to spell out how to do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.