Imhotep» Forums » Rules

Subject: How do multiple stones from the same player work in the Market? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just purchased the game after watching many videos and reading a lot of written reviews. Can't wait to play it for the first time. But while reading the rule book I ran into these related questions:

- Can a player deliver more than one stone on a ship that goes to the Market and collect more than 1 market card?

- If the first 2 stones on a ship are of the same player's color when it docks at the market, does the player get to take the first 2 cards from the Market during the unloading?

- If the 2nd and 4th stones on a 4-stone ship docked at the Market are from the same player, does the player get to take the 2nd and 4th Market cards during the unloading at the Market?

- If a 4-stone ship had only stones from one player, would that player get to take all 4 Market cards in the Market?

The rules just say "For each stone delivered here, the owner of the stone can immediately take any 1 face-up market card."

But the example pictured has a 4-stone ship with only 3 stones and each stone is of a different color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, yes, yes, yes if that player had 4 stones on the boat. You just get one card per stone, chosen in order of front to back in the boat. Any cards not picked are discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-Yes
-Yes
-Yes
-Yes
-what is your question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
MPMelanchthon wrote:
Just purchased the game after watching many videos and reading a lot of written reviews. Can't wait to play it for the first time. But while reading the rule book I ran into these related questions:

- Can a player deliver more than one stone on a ship that goes to the Market and collect more than 1 market card?

- If the first 2 stones on a ship are of the same player's color when it docks at the market, does the player get to take the first 2 cards from the Market during the unloading?

- If the 2nd and 4th stones on a 4-stone ship docked at the Market are from the same player, does the player get to take the 2nd and 4th Market cards during the unloading at the Market?

- If a 4-stone ship had only stones from one player, would that player get to take all 4 Market cards in the Market?

The rules just say "For each stone delivered here, the owner of the stone can immediately take any 1 face-up market card."

But the example pictured has a 4-stone ship with only 3 stones and each stone is of a different color.

Yes to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dringautzki
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
My Blog - Shades Of Boardgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
As all the questions have been answered multiple times here is the general rule:

You resolve one stone after another from front to the back (bow to stern) on all locations. So it is the same with the market. As a stone gets unloaded you resolve it and take a card. You resolve the next stone, etc. That means at the market you take a card, at the pyramid B side you select a building of your choice, etc.

Hope this helps, even on following questions on your first game

Enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thumb Scan

Round Rock
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one clarification on the question about if you have 2nd and 4th stones, you take the 2nd and 4th Market cards. Your position doesn't determine which card you get, it determines the order in which you chose a card. You can choose any one you like. So you would get 2nd choice and 4th choice. Perhaps that's what you meant though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, that is what I meant. The first stone at the Market gets to pick first amongst the four cards. The 2nd stone, 2nd. And so on to the 4th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.