1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » News

Subject: New material arriving (GenCon news) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: Two new items announced!

Recurring Nightmares - Figure and Tile collection

and

Suppressed Memories - Figure and Tile kit

link on Twitter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Recurring Nightmares and Figures series announced!

Ok, "figures" is self explanatory. What are "Recurring Nightmares"? An expansion? Is it a series of things, or is it just the name of a singular box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Cheow
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Wonderful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Anarchosyn wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

Ok, "figures" is self explanatory. What are "Recurring Nightmares"? An expansion? Is it a series of things, or is it just the name of a singular box?

I hope they finally re-print all the pre-painted minis (and add the MoM 2E exclusive figures to the line up). Eldritch Horror wasn't enough to prompt a re-print. Hopefully this is enough.

I will buy them all. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
#MeToo
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Scarlet Witch wrote:

Recurring Nightmares seems to be the title of the "collection series"

There's an image on FFG twitter account (link) with the material of the box in evidence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly what has been hoped for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's just republishing the miniatures and tiles from 1st edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Im now glad i own the orginal mansion of maddness board game because it means im getting "Recurring Nightmares" for free
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So for people who don't own first edition, these sets will get them everything compatible with 2nd edition, and for those of us who already have first edition, it's a couple sets we don't have to buy (unless you want spares). Sweet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmb
I didn't grossly overpay for the 1E expansions a few months back, so I'm actually really glad this exists now so everyone can shut the hell up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Whoever came up with this idea at flaship is a pure genius. Thats also the reason why we get a free conversion kit. Because it included all monster cards and investigator cards so they dont have to ship em with every single miniature.

I dont own the expansions for the 1. edition mansion. I noticed that "Surpressed memories" included BOTH 1. edition expansions in a single box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what happens if I enable both these boxes and the 1st edition boxes, in the app.
I guess nothing special.
A pop up window with "You sir, are a madman" message would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destrio Dai
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These releases make the call of the wild expansion and base first edition moot. They wouldn't print these with cute names like 'suppressed memories' if they planned to support that old system. But it looks like first edition owners already have the material so wouldn't need to purchase these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if either will include any new scenarios for the app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhsa wrote:
Exactly what has been hoped for.

I have 1E and Forbidden Alchemy. I don't have Call of the Wild. Would I only need to buy Suppressed Memories to complete my 1E set (minus cards and such) for 2E purposes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Fantastic news!

(Though it shouldn't please those trying to fish $500 for their 1ed stuff on ebay.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for Ninjaing me Julia!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these available at GenCon?
And if they are (or if someone is more in the know), can the figure count be confirmed to be the same as in the original box/the expansions?

The reason I ask:
It's fiddly to remove the monster tiles from the MoM 1.0 monster bases, and some of them could become damaged. At least with the ones I have here. If the monster count is different, then it stands to reason that only as many monsters of a certain type as the new count could appear in the scenarios of MoM 2.0.
Would save me the hassle of removing a few of those tiles, if that were the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
tkpope wrote:
[q="jhsa"]I have 1E and Forbidden Alchemy. I don't have Call of the Wild. Would I only need to buy Suppressed Memories to complete my 1E set (minus cards and such) for 2E purposes?

At a guess, I think Recurring Nightmares includes the Investigators, Monsters and tiles from the 1st Ed base while Supressed Memories includes the Investigators, Monsters and tiles from both Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild.

EDIT: While it seems you get all the figures, I would be surprised if they also included all 15 tiles from 1st Ed. (for Recurring Nightmares) but then again, maybe you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N P
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
So if I had the chance, which I do, to grab the 1e for $50, would that contain everything from these two add-ons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
At a guess, I think Recurring Nightmares includes the Investigators, Monsters and tiles from the 1st Ed base while Supressed Memories includes the Investigators, Monsters and tiles from both Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild.

It would seem so. Based on the number of investigators in pictures. And it really makes sense to combine the expansions together since they don't have too many items on their own. Now those two second edition 'expansions' are of similar size. Wonder about the price, in the 20-30 usd/euro range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
dennugsmello wrote:
So if I had the chance, which I do, to grab the 1e for $50, would that contain everything from these two add-ons?

No, it would appear you just get the contents of Recurring Nightmares. Maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or this post could be titled, 'Old material arriving.'

Good news for those who didn't invest in 1st Ed, but have they announced or hinted at any actual new stuff, such as app scenarios or even the first physical expansion?

Note: this is not a snarky post, even though it could read that way. I applaud a shrewd business move by FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
tkpope wrote:
I have 1E and Forbidden Alchemy. I don't have Call of the Wild. Would I only need to buy Suppressed Memories to complete my 1E set (minus cards and such) for 2E purposes?

In that case:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.