Subject: What else do I need to play Myth modules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yevgen Ostroukhov
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am really interested in Myth modules to play with my kids.

So far what I got :
1. JM KS pledge that includes base games + skellies + all modules
2. Rat king + 2 medium rats + 12 small rats
3. IA + 4 Iathi + 10-14 (don't remeber) small elementals
4. Orcneas
5. Ordered Syclene package from their store (Boss + 4 + 20)
6. Ordered realm tiles supplement, realm tiles expansion.

I do not have (and hope I won't need) - quest and item expansions, sculptured lairs, some minibosses, some extra heroes.

Is there anything I need to get? E.g. do I need 2 med orcs + 10 small orcs and same for bugs? I do not think any modules use them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything you say you don't have should not be needed for modules. There may be a miniboss used in a module, but you can easily proxy a different one. Most of this is just for added variety, and the quest expansions are significant if you plan on playing Adventure mode.

All modules etc... I believe are balanced for 20 minions and 4 captains of each race type. So as long as you have 20+4 you should be good. And again that is not 'needed' as you can proxy etc....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The modules you got with the JM pledge are the only thing you need. They're self-contained.

There's only one other module currently available, and that's the PDF Rise of the Revenant module. You can play that with just the base game, skellies, and rats. (technically you could play them with any two races as proxies, since the stat cards are included in the PDF).

Of the other stuff you mentioned

--Quest cards are incompatible with modules
--item expansions would give you more/different loot to draw from
--sculpted lairs are cosmetic
--extra minibosses probably aren't compatible with modules as written
--extra heroes will let you play as a different class
--alt-gender heroes are cosmetic (but much loved by my group)
--extra tiles are mostly cosmetic and (probably?) won't be used by modules

The "sweet spot" numbers that were thrown out during the first kickstarter were 4/20 for captains/minions, but it's not crucial enough that I'd advise you spend money on extras if you're short of those numbers. You will have eleventy billion minis, so it will not be hard to proxy a few extra minis if you run out. You have rats and elementals in the base pledge to round out your numbers with what you bought. The base game comes with a few extra bugs and orc minions beyond the usual 10, so you're pretty fine there. And as you mention, there is so far no bug/orc module anyways.

tl;dr: You're good. You've spent enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a bagillion hours of fun with what you already got!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yevgen Ostroukhov
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
So, no modules will be needing orcs and bugs (base game has 2/10 of them). Good

breegull wrote:
tl;dr: You're good. You've spent enough.

*Sigh* I had to sell off my other dungeon crawlers....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yevgen Ostroukhov
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
steprov wrote:
You have a bagillion hours of fun with what you already got!

Mice & Mystics with expansions was amazing... Hope Myth modules will be comparable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zzhou wrote:
So, no modules will be needing orcs and bugs (base game has 2/10 of them). Good

Base game actually has 2/15 of them. Even better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
The "sweet spot" numbers that were thrown out during the first kickstarter were 4/20 for captains/minions, but it's not crucial enough that I'd advise you spend money on extras if you're short of those numbers.

The only thing I'd say about that is that modules are specifically designed with the 4/20 setup in mind.

OP, most of the modules are new factions and if you've backed JM you'll have just about everything you need. The only one you might not have enough minis for is the The Four PIllars of Creation. But you can always proxy minis should that ever become an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yevgen Ostroukhov
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
DrProfHazzmatt wrote:
OP, most of the modules are new factions and if you've backed JM you'll have just about everything you need. The only one you might not have enough minis for is the The Four PIllars of Creation. But you can always proxy minis should that ever become an issue.

I have Ia and if I add what the module is supposed to contain I'll have 6/20+ elementals. Is there anything else it needs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zzhou wrote:
DrProfHazzmatt wrote:

I have Ia and if I add what the module is supposed to contain I'll have 6/20+ elementals. Is there anything else it needs?

Nope that will more than cover it. As long as you have the boss and 4 captains/20 minions you have everything you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.