Subject: Suggested 3rd Party File: player's mats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
I just played my third game of QG, and I noticed (as I did in my first game , and my second game), that every new player is confused about the different uses for the different special cards: status, response, bolster, and to a lesser extent economic warfare. Every game I have played involves questions and confusion ('I thought you had to have bolster cards in front of you'-'No, that's Status cards. Status face up, Response face down. Bolster cards are played from your hand' -and so on).

Perhaps it would be helpful to have a player's mat for each player, to manage his deck (draw deck, discard deck, status, response, and economic warfare/bolster which are in hand, of course). The player's mat would have a space for each type of card, and describe how those cards are played on the mat as a reminder.

I'm not sure that I have the artistic chops to make one, but it would certainly be helpful-especially for new players.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies and… Read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just cobble one together, however simple and crude, and put it up. Someone will certainly try to outdo you! (In a good way, I mean...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Ok-I cobbled together player's mats. See the files section.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.