1 , 2  Next »   | 

Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: InFlight: No new expansion announced for Eldritch Horror rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel T.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm very surprised, sad and angry. Deep inside I knew that with the just announced Arkham LCG and the just released Mansions of Madness 2e the chances were lower, but come on FFG... Disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We recently got Signs of Carcosa and FFG supports Eldritch Horror quite good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel T.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's just doesn't keep up with there releasing pattern. In the past two GenCons there was a new bigbox expansion announced for Christmas release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AFAIK the report will end in half an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Mansions of Madness 2nd Ed and Arkham Horror LCG, I think they've been a bit too busy on the Cthulu side...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they need to keep the current breakneck pace of releases when there's already this much material, and they can probably cut back to one release a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am disappointed that we got no news about Warhammer Quest, GW license related products at all. I think we do not need to worry about Eldritch Horror.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driss
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

1 expansion per year is enough for me. I'm tired of buying sleeves. At least they don't include minis to paint.

Now that MoM 2e is out I simply won't be able to keep up with all the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not so dumb I got a thumb But on the phone Apposable But in re-dealing on the daily road Superiority is nothing but A friendly man with monkey hands A friendly mom with monkey pawns
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess I'm a bit bummed just that there will be no new news about my favorite solitaire game among all the latest FFG Arkham Files announcements.

And with so many Lovecraftian games recently dropping, it's been a conflicted excitement.
Mansions of Madness sounds amazing, but not sure if I want to invest in another series of game and its expansion releases.
Arkham Horror: The Card Game sounds top-notch, but I wasn't all that thrilled or very good with LotR: TCG.
Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu had me really stoked, but I'm thinking the premise is a bit like EH, running about trying to shut down global AO threats.

So, it's been fun reading the news, reviews, and general excitement of these releases, but it is a bit of a letdown to see nothing for Eldritch Horror.

Thanks for the no-news news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well they need to save some news for the FFG event in the fall.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
They are too busy working on Eldritch Horror: Second Edition, with app integration. (baseless speculation)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, they could release an app for EH that replaces the mythos deck and some of the decks. Would make set up easier and could be entirely optional, but with some extra features such as difficulty settings and adaptive changes based on how well people are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
To be fair, they could release an app for EH that replaces the mythos deck and some of the decks. Would make set up easier and could be entirely optional, but with some extra features such as difficulty settings and adaptive changes based on how well people are doing.

I think this is inevitable and a good thing. Just not sure when it's going to show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

I think this is inevitable and a good thing. Just not sure when it's going to show up.

They did it for Arkham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
I am disappointed that we got no news about Warhammer Quest, GW license related products at all. I think we do not need to worry about Eldritch Horror.

rumor has it GW is yanking the license away, this seems to confirm it...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Luis Rodriguez Mena
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

I hope not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:

Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:

I've been thinking for a while it'd be great to just have a simple app to replace building the Mythos deck. At best it would have all the cards built in, but at minimum you could just have it say "this round draw a [Green/Yellow/Blue] card" when you press the "Start Mythos Phase" button, and save the whole stacking building the deck: you just shuffle the three piles to begin.

It's simple enough that I should really just build it myself. If only I could get myself around to learning how to make apps...

(Oh, and obviously there are annoyances available with things that affect the Mythos deck. Those would either have to be incorporated at the penalty of some small spoilers, or you'd have to play with the rule of building the remaining deck and then messing around with it directly if one of those came up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diego Matheus
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kumasawa wrote:
They are too busy working on Eldritch Horror: Second Edition, with app integration. (baseless speculation)

I really started to think about it after the announcement of MoM. Or maybe AH Second Edition.

I'm new to the game, so this is good for me, giving a break to my wallet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Roger the Alien wrote:

rumor has it GW is yanking the license away, this seems to confirm it...

-shnar

The 'rumor' was baseless speculation. I don't think this confirms it. It was mentioned in passing that they are working on more material for the game.

But let's be honest, it's not one of their 'BIG' games. So they might not see a need to announce new product.

Mansions came out of nowhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:

The 'rumor' was baseless speculation.

Baseless? Not at all. They haven't been playtesting new expansions for their WH40K LCG according to their previous playtesters, have rushed out releases for the WHF card game via POD instead of their normal printing, fired the guy working on the expansion for Forbidden Stars, and haven't announced any new expansions for any of these games.

Definitive? Definitely not. These are all bases for speculation, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
It's simple enough that I should really just build it myself. If only I could get myself around to learning how to make apps...

(Oh, and obviously there are annoyances available with things that affect the Mythos deck. Those would either have to be incorporated at the penalty of some small spoilers, or you'd have to play with the rule of building the remaining deck and then messing around with it directly if one of those came up).

Someone made an app once but they were asked to take it down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Jorune wrote:

The 'rumor' was baseless speculation.

Baseless? Not at all. They haven't been playtesting new expansions for their WH40K LCG according to their previous playtesters, have rushed out releases for the WHF card game via POD instead of their normal printing, fired the guy working on the expansion for Forbidden Stars, and haven't announced any new expansions for any of these games.

Definitive? Definitely not. These are all bases for speculation, however.

After reading a bunch of the other threads, I am changing my mind and agreeing with you. There is a lot of evidence that something is up with GW's IP's and FFG. The LCG Conquest expansion packs are being released within weeks of each other (instead of 1 a month), no new Deluxe pack announced.

Not 1 GW IP product announced at Gen Con. Nothing listed as in development. The Forbidden Stars designer was let go (he was working on a stand alone expansion).

Speculation thinks FFG's Runebound mini game line is unwanted competition. Not sure why they just didn't go with Runebound for the card game.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody even asked about Conquest @ Gen Con and the CEO of FFG didn't want to comment it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the minis game is the thing that broke the relationship. It's more likely GW deciding to head back into the board game market (that new Warhammer Quest, bringing back Blood Bowl, etc). They probably decided to take back ownership of their IP instead of outsourcing it, if they were going to have their own boardgame division. Just let the current agreements die off and not renew them, then create your own games. And get back control of your IP (so you can fuck it up by creating more Age of Sigmar crap and not have a competitor still producing stuff in your actually beloved franchise, say?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.