Subject: GenCon Announcements rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited for the Kylo Ren shuttle. Love the look of it.

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/761619373002031105
https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/761619165883097089
https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/761619165883097089

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dermaestro wrote:

Your third link is the same as your second link. But after closing the Twitter popup, you can scroll down to find Sabine's TIE Fighter (!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Here is the third one:

https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/761618967085608960

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Shuttle! Now featuring a slightly different way to wander around carrying Palpatine. As an Imperial player someone please explain why I should find this interesting in the slightest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The FFG article has been posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/5/ill-show...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eon Chao
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ugh. I normally look on the brightside but I already own 2 Lambda's so can't see myself buying more than 1 Upsilon class, the Quad Jumper is even more irrelevant than the legends expansion we've been getting. So Sabine's TIE has to carry it but 4 unique pilots places a limit on the number I'd ever buy.

Still, it means the wave will be light enough on the wallet that I can afford to pick up some extra Attack Wing ships instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own any Lambda Shuttles or Palpatine, not sure if there's any reason to get one of the new Shuttles. Might just be a cheap (i.e. - free) wave for me as an Imperial player...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Jones
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the sucker they make these expansions for. Total completionist and a casual player to boot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
New Shuttle! Now featuring a slightly different way to wander around carrying Palpatine. As an Imperial player someone please explain why I should find this interesting in the slightest.

Because having seen the full dial, all point costs and all pilot abilities, we're able to make a full and proper assessment of this new ship...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remo Galvan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Eonchao wrote:
Ugh. I normally look on the brightside but I already own 2 Lambda's so can't see myself buying more than 1 Upsilon class, the Quad Jumper is even more irrelevant than the legends expansion we've been getting. So Sabine's TIE has to carry it but 4 unique pilots places a limit on the number I'd ever buy.

Still, it means the wave will be light enough on the wallet that I can afford to pick up some extra Attack Wing ships instead.

Why do you say that the Quadjumper is irrelevant ?
We have very few information about it ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anything, it looks like it has a reverse maneuver, which is a pretty big thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rgalvan wrote:

We can actually see quite a lot: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/23377033#23377033

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eon Chao
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
rgalvan wrote:
Eonchao wrote:

I actually mean in terms of canon. As far as I'm aware it's sole appearances thus far is blowing up on Jakku and being in Disney Infinity. I love obscure ships. I happily bought 3 E-Wings and am hoping that we get an oddball TIE or two before the game ends but the Quadjumper just falls into the Star Wars "make a toy of everything" mold at the moment.

Plus a 1 reverse is very uninteresting for me as I play Attack Wing a lot more than X-Wing and that's been around for a long time there. So I can appreciate the relevance for the meta of a new manuever type but it's something I'm already used to taking into account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OMG...my mom is going to absolutely freak out when I show her that they're FINALLY coming out with Kylo's ship! She's been absolutely obsessed with the dumb thing since she first saw it on the big screen haha.

This has me so excited! This will be the absolute center piece to my mom's huge collection of ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very blah on the whole set. Then again, I'll see how it goes and what cash I actually have when it comes out. I'm finding myself spending less and less on X-wing these days. Then again, I have a nice sized collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dermaestro wrote:
I'm the sucker they make these expansions for. Total completionist and a casual player to boot.

Me too, but I think I'm winding down. Can't keep up the purchases forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heychadwick wrote:
I'm very blah on the whole set. Then again, I'll see how it goes and what cash I actually have when it comes out. I'm finding myself spending less and less on X-wing these days. Then again, I have a nice sized collection.

Yeah, same here. I don't care about Kylo's shuttle. I don't care about the Rebel TIE Fighter... The quadjumper I MIGHT get depending on what is in it.

I'll have to find a way to get some of the more interesting upgrades, but this wave interests me least of all of them. And this will be the first one I can't find one ship I'm super excited about. Even in Wave 9, there were some ships I was thinking about not purchasing, but I wanted to have at least one of everything for upgrades and to have a "complete" collection. But I'm more interested in the Armada ships and may just buy more of those instead.

For me, I really wish they would go back to pulling stuff from the old EU. I know it won't happen, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueKnight wrote:
For me, I really wish they would go back to pulling stuff from the old EU. I know it won't happen, though.

I know many can't wait for the next ship or their favorite EU ship even in others have never heard of it. Mine is the Defender and Phantom. The Defender looked and felt like a predator and the Phantom, for me at least, should have been a stealth spy craft.

Either way rather than pulling more and more obscure ships I wish they would change their focus almost entirely and give us missions, campaigns, asteroids, asteroid bases, 3d pre-painted space mines, turrets. New mechanics like that rather than the new conditions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be the guy who disagrees with everyone and say I appreciate these waves including ships from the current media. I never got big into the EU(mainly because I had just started buying stuff when the great canon need happened). I don't know a missile boat from a skispray blast boat, but I do know that Sabine's TIE is cooler than a traditional TIE.
The best (and worst) part of Star Wars is the variety. We could debate which ships belong in the game all day, but in the end anything from any Star Wars material can fit. #allstarshipsmatter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the releases like Imperial Veterans that breathe new life and options into existing ships, particularly under-used ones. There are a lot of ships that could use more pilot options for variety too even if they already have one or more "good" pilots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.