Subject: Any Gencon news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than Chains that Rust being available?

I was hoping for more info on another Hero & Monster Collection since their are 12 heroes not yet converted?

I realize they are in the conversion kit, but Return to Legend specifically doesn't use the conversion kit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing was really mentioned for Descent. The Terrinoth glory went to the new X-Wing clone: Runewars Miniatures.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/5/runewars...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silidus
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Ok, I am glad I am not the only one who thought that looked like a Terrinoth Xwing clone..

Too bad I already spent all my money on X-Wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For that matter, is there any objective truth behind the belief Road to Legend caused sales to spike?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I am alone in thinking that it borrows some ideas from X-Wing but is definitely not a clone. I was mildly disinterested when I first heard about it and my interest waned when I started reading and learned that it was a mass battle system, but I read the linked article and am now intrigued. I am more of a skirmish gamer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a good thing to clone X-Wing. When I first heard about it, I thought it was going to be a Warhammer/Warmachine clone. Boring. But then seeing the dials and maneuver templates, my interest spiked. I'm now very interested. X-Wing's mechanics are so grreat for wargames, I'm surprised more games donMt emulate it.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian H.
Germany
Weilburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Evil Overlord
badge
Evil Overlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
For that matter, is there any objective truth behind the belief Road to Legend caused sales to spike?

It was said in the FFG In Flight Report, that sales have tripled since Road to Legend came out.

It´s not really something that can be quantified without knowing prior sales, but it seems like a significant increase nonetheless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:

https://youtu.be/yvOOgMX53u8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kraisto wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:

https://youtu.be/yvOOgMX53u8

Thanks, to both you guys.

Too bad more Road to Legend wasn't announced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As to Runewars, it did feel very different from xwing. The actions you choose determine your intiative order, so you have to weigh your own choices against your opponents. Also, the squad formation abilities are intriguing. The wider your squad is, the higher the multiplier for your damage dealt is (two wise is x2, three wide is x3, etc.), and the deeper your squad is the more rerolls you get. Each unit has specified formations that are allowed. I wasn't sold on it when I demoed it, but it wasn't an ideal set up. They just placed our units in a line facing each other, so we didn't have much of any decisions concerning positioning.

As to Descent, with sales tripling with RtL, I'm sure more stuff is coming down the pipe.
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanjamal wrote:

As to Descent, with sales tripling with RtL, I'm sure more stuff is coming down the pipe.
-ryanjamal

True, and likely before the end of the year (provided they have a large enough team to handle the mounting content demands of all their apps -- XCOM, Imperial Assault, Descent and Mansions of Madness).

Fantasy Flight, however, has started to grow even more distant from the community -- something I think they conflate with professionalism. Where their silence in communicating with their community is nothing new, even on their official forums, and lack of official presence here on BGG is also old news, they've started getting more secretive about upcoming developments too. In ages past, for example, we would have known about Mansions of Madness at least two or three months before launch (opposed to the literal week of foreknowledge they offered). It was a neat surprise, I must admit, but I worry it implies a change in practice which will leave us even further in the dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I guess I am alone in thinking that it borrows some ideas from X-Wing but is definitely not a clone.

You're not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't read too much into them not doing previews of Mansions 2nd ed. They stated in the in-flight that normally they do previews but that they wanted to surprise us. But I'm not sure about whether there's an increased distance from FFG or not.
-ryanjamal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanjamal wrote:
I wouldn't read too much into them not doing previews of Mansions 2nd ed. They stated in the in-flight that normally they do previews but that they wanted to surprise us. But I'm not sure about whether there's an increased distance from FFG or not.
-ryanjamal

The thought had occurred to me that it may have been a GenCon present, but I had no evidence this was a conscious consideration till now. Thanks for that.

Still, only time will tell how forthcoming FFG will be now that Asmodee is at the helm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.