Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um, I wonder what price this will be selling for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kimeys wrote:

Just saw this on Twitter...

New material arriving (GenCon news)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Apologies...didn't see previous post
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
Um, I wonder what price this will be selling for.

It's just as pricey here in the Uk as it is in Canada.
We often pay the same in pounds sterling what the US pays in dollars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vigo Velito
United States
Haymarket
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a note, these are for those people who do not have the first edition (and can use conversion kit included). These are the same material that were in the first edition, so that people that only have the new edition can get the old monsters and map tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Repeat of what I posted in the other thread.

I think Recurring Nightmares includes the Investigators, Monsters and tiles from the 1st Ed base while Supressed Memories includes the Investigators, Monsters and tiles from both Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild.

While it seems you get all the figures, I would be surprised if they also included all 15 tiles from 1st Ed. (for Recurring Nightmares) but then again, maybe you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dockter
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish they would have kept Alchemy and Call of the Wild separate. I already have 1st Call of the Wild, but not Alchemy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PSXfile wrote:
I wish they would have kept Alchemy and Call of the Wild separate. I already have 1st Call of the Wild, but not Alchemy.

Do you realize what you could sell Call of the Wild for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Coberly
United States
Severna Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
MerryHo wrote:
PSXfile wrote:

I'm debating on selling my whole 1E line. But, I do like the idea of switching play styles. Switching from 1vsAll to Fully Co-op interests me. Even though I own the whole collection (even the PODs) I might actually grab these. Just to keep my 1E all together and not all about. Besides it'll be easier to put the tokens and things in these than removing the older ones. Also...MORE MINIS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmb
MerryHo wrote:
PSXfile wrote:

Much less as of a couple hours ago?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That was quick, I only just finished putting my monsters onto their bases
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Gates
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twonunpackmule wrote:
MerryHo wrote:
PSXfile wrote:

I'm debating on selling my whole 1E line. But, I do like the idea of switching play styles. Switching from 1vsAll to Fully Co-op interests me. Even though I own the whole collection (even the PODs) I might actually grab these. Just to keep my 1E all together and not all about. Besides it'll be easier to put the tokens and things in these than removing the older ones. Also...MORE MINIS!

I am considering doing the same (keeping all of 1E and adding the new bits to 2E, not selling 1E) for that exact reason. It is more money on something that really isn't needed, but having the option of playing either version without shuffling things around is very appealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
*Copying my post from the other thread.*

I own 1ed base edition already but this is an opportunity for spare figures which I kind of want for two reasons. 1: it gives me a second chance at painting them before I glued them to their bases and 2: I want to sell my old 1ed since I never get a chance to play it anyway and it's taking up space.

This is also a great chance to finally get the Dunwich Horror and Dark Young without having to buy Call of the Wild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Mercenary
msg tools
Fedaykin98 wrote:
MerryHo wrote:
PSXfile wrote:

Much less as of a couple hours ago?

I agree with PSXfile to keep them separate... I also have CotW but not FA. Hopefully Suppressed Memories expansions has scenarios where the monsters and tiles are easily interchangeable so you can fully experience the same story just without FA variable...

Or if anyone ends up with FA duplicates since they didn't have CotW...please hit me up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
GhostMercenary wrote:
Or if anyone ends up with FA duplicates since they didn't have CotW...please hit me up

That's a good point. I'm in that situation, I have FA but not CotW.

I'm in the UK, where are you located? PM me if it seems feasible to split the expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
This is not cool. I want a last reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario
United States
Mesa
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bastion wrote:
This is not cool. I want a last reprint.

I think we are lucky to get this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Mercenary
msg tools
xris wrote:
GhostMercenary wrote:

That's a good point. I'm in that situation, I have FA but not CotW.

I'm in the UK, where are you located? PM me if it seems feasible to split the expansion

I'm in the Netherlands. Hopefully this comes out while we're still part of the same Union

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone know if we will be able to just play the scenario in the app if we already have the content from 1st edition and Call of the Wild? I don't have Forbidden Alchemy but I don't know if I want to buy the whole box just for the FA investigators and tiles and get double CoTW stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erunamo114 wrote:
Anyone know if we will be able to just play the scenario in the app if we already have the content from 1st edition and Call of the Wild? I don't have Forbidden Alchemy but I don't know if I want to buy the whole box just for the FA investigators and tiles and get double CoTW stuff.

Recurring Nightmares is the 1E base game tiles and figs, so it probably only needs those to play. Suppressed Memories is figs and tiles from FA and COTW. Considering the scenario for that one is supposed to be a remake of the Dunwich Horror scenario, the majority of tiles used are probably COTW ones. So, you can probably get by, but that is totally speculation on my part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
erunamo114 wrote:

According to the info here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/12/a-horro... only Call of the Wild is required to play the Suppressed Memories scenario. "Adding the Forbidden Alchemy expansion as well, however, will increase the number of scenario variants available to you."

So with what you have you're good to go with both scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.